DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and update nutrition education materials.
- Implement a system for documentation and scheduling high risk patients for nutrition counseling and develop an individualized nutrition care plan.
- Document cost and submit nutrition education expenditures annually and more frequently as required.
- Monitor local agency caseload on a daily basis and project required caseload adjustments monthly. Ensure all sites meet and/or exceed caseload.
- Evaluate the number of certifications, subsequent certifications and terminations of priorities that are certified monthly to reduce no-show rates.
- Assist the WIC Director in identifying appropriate grant proposals for funding; assist with collecting necessary data and information for completion of such proposals.
- Evaluate daily, weekly and monthly the number of certifications and terminations
- Monitor timely check de-obligations and removal of no shows and terminations from the program.
- Oversee the farmer's market nutrition program and ensure that program goals meet or exceed state requirements.
- Oversee the WIC Collaborative Project with the State WIC Training Center at all sites:
- § Establish capacity to deliver services
- § Assess current performance and identify performance gaps
- § Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor. Develop and implement an individualized plan at each site that enhances program quality and participant outcomes.
- § Establish overall aims and targets
- § Select and engage in activities to improve program performance in targeted areas.
- Conduct WIC cycle time at all sites and summarize all reports for implementation.
- Assist the WIC Director with manual check production and disposition as mandated by State WIC Program.
- Assist the WIC Director in updating all job descriptions as per new and updated Federal/State regulations/policies and procedures.
- Act as the Manager for all new Satellite WIC Sites as approved by the NYSDOH and assist the WIC Director in implementation and start up.
- Regularly monitor staff WICISIS competency and provide WICISIS updates as necessary.
- Oversee the USDA Loving Support Project -- write reports, submit related quality assurance projects and keeps program Director abreast of changes and/or updates.
RequirementsKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communications, public relations planning, analysis, organizing, writing, group presentations, individual counseling and working with diverse group of people.
- Bilingual -- Spanish, French or Creole -- fluency high desirable
- Data entry and computer literate
- WICSIS and WIC competencies
- Bachelor's and Master's Degree in Nutritional Science, Community Nutrition, clinical or Human Nutrition, Dietetics or Foods and Nutrition or Public Health Nutrition, from a regionally accredited college or university or one recognized by the New York State Education Department.
- Four (4) years experience as a Nutritionist in a clinical or community setting, of which at least two (2) must be in a WIC Clinic. Supervisory experience highly desirable.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people