Administrative Nurse Manager
Administrative Nurse Manager
- Hospital/Health Care
0-12% Based on Unit Results
- Must-Haves Management Experience (1-2years min)
- Team Building Experience
- Positive Attitude
- Bachelor's of science in Nursing
- Nice-To-Haves Operating Room or Procedural Experience
- Master?s Degree
Role Description - Description Of Duties
This position ensures delivery of evidence-based practice by professional nursing personnel and other staff in designated areas of responsibility. He/She is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and evaluating the delivery of evidence-based patient care in a cost effective manner. The Administrative Nurse Manager operationalizes the Nursing Philosophy along with the mission, vision, values, goals and objectives of company.
He/she is accountable and responsible for administrative and fiscal management of the department, and in meeting the goals in all four quadrants of the balanced scorecard at the unit/department level. In addition, he/she will contribute significantly to the overall goals and objectives of the organization.
- Education, Certification, Registration, License
- Bachelor's of Nursing
- RN - Registered Nurse
- BLS - Basic Life Support
- Field of Study: Nursing
- Years of Experience: 3
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing
- Current Basic Life support Provider
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in Ohio
- Process improvement skills
- Project management skills
- May require advanced training in specialty areas; skills in computer applications in health care
- Demonstrated skills in interpersonal relationships, verbal and written communication, management, adult education and nursing practice standards
- Minimum 3years of clinical nursing experience
- Previous leadership experience such as precepting, charge role, mentoring, or department committee leadership
Culture And Perks Learning and Development Programs:
Company continuously explores innovative resources and methods to support and facilitate learning and development and, in doing so, uphold our high standard for clinical proficiency, improve the patient experience, promote research and innovation and, ultimately, remain competitive in the local and national healthcare market by retaining top talent. Even more, we believe that investing in and supporting the careers and personal development of our associates keeps them engaged and enriches our culture and workplace.
Health company has a robust learning and development offering supported by Leadership Academy; Health Learning, a Level I Comprehensive Educational Institute accredited by the American College of Surgeons that features state-of-the-art technology for simulation and scenario-based education; Organization Effectiveness, University, relationships with colleagues and universities, and tuition reimbursement.
Exercise is an important part of a healthy lifestyle, and we want to make it easy and offer rewards for associates to focus on fitness by offering Health associates free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness centers. Our Healthy Fitness Rewards Program is available to associates through the Healthy Medical Plan and Opt-in to Wellness program. Under the plan, Health will reimburse associates up to 100% who are paying members at these facilities if they achieve certain attendance goals. Healthy Fitness Consultations. Healthy Medical Plan participants are eligible for three individualized appointments per yearwith a certified exercise physiologist or athletic trainer at no additional cost. This consultation includes a fitness assessment and an individualized exercise program.
Staff & Management Bonus:
We measure success at Health using our Balanced Scorecard, which is focused on the four key areas of quality, service, culture and financial performance. Through our staff and management bonus programs, we make sure associates are rewarded for positive performance. Our Staff Bonus Program is based on Balanced Scorecard performance results for the year and hours worked. Our Management Bonus Program is based on Balanced Scorecard results and annual performance reviews, which rate managers and directors both on the WHAT (the results achieved) and the HOW (how the leader demonstrated Health company leadership competencies and Health company values of Integrity, Compassion, Excellence and Stewardship, in achieving the results).
Health has programs for our associates who are expectant parents or adopting a child. Pregnancy Perks. Provides preferred parking; tote bag; breast-pump kit; lactation consultants; a discount on any family, birth education, baby-care or breastfeeding preparation class; and a baby sling or nursing pillow. Lactation rooms are available for breast-feeding mothers. Partners in Pregnancy. Provides guidance on such topics as pregnancy basics, the importance of eating healthy for the mother and infant, preparing the home for a newborn, risk factors, and tips for new dads. By participating in this program, associates can earn a reward of an additional $100 deposit in their Medical Plan?s Health Reimbursement Account. Health also offers paid parental leave for new mothers, fathers and adoptive parents.
Health has partnered with Beneplace to offer our associates, Perks Place, a top-notch associate discount program. This program features exclusive offers for Health associates all in one place. Perks Place is a complete source for discounts on entertainment, electronics, automotive, dining, grocery and much more that is available to all Health associates. The site offers many national providers and services as well as some of the local providers and services that you are used to seeing.
Unique Gifts of Thanks:
Health company recognizes our associates in unique and unexpected ways. Over the years we have done this by giving a special gift at unexpected times, such as:
- Meijer Gift cards of up to $300
- Summer relax and enjoy your family gift packs
- Box full of fortune cookies ? each reflecting a behavioral attribute from the OhioHealth Values Blueprint. A select number of fortune cookie boxes included an extra surprise ? a ?coupon? to redeem a gift card of the recipient?s choice.
- A free pair of athletic shoes in appreciation for associates? contributions throughout the course of the year that helped earn us numerous awards for leadership and quality in healthcare, as well as to celebrate 10 years of OhioHealthy.
Community service is an important part of the Health company mission. Our associates want to be involved in the community ? something we not only encourage, we also supportwith resources and information. Mission Matters is a tool available through eSource, our associate intranet, where associates can explore and select from a wide array of opportunities to volunteer, recommend new causes and volunteer opportunities, set goals, sign up for alerts and track volunteer hours. In addition, associates receive time off with pay to participate in corporate-sponsored community events and activities.
Celebrating our associates is a big part of Health company?s caring culture through a number of programs to build trust and camaraderie, and instill pride and a sense of family across Health company. Our key celebratory events include these annual celebrations:
- Prism Awards. The highest honor presented to associates and physicians through a program of food, recognition and celebration.
- Shopping Trip. Associates who reach five-year milestone anniversaries (20 - 50 years) are honored and treated like ?stars for the day,? kicked off by a breakfast and morning of shopping and recognition luncheon.
- Associate Celebrations. Our Associate Celebrations recognize associates for their accomplishments and dedication with a complimentary meal and celebrations at our care sites.
Our concierge program, Best-Upon-Request, offers Health company associates in central Ohio a range of services at no charge (except mileage). Associates at all levels of our organization use the service for such tasks as grocery shopping, vacation research, waiting at home for a repair person or sending holiday cards. A Best-Upon-Request newsletter and special marketing piece are postedmonthly on eSource, our associate intranet, promoting services associates may need and giving them specific ideas during a particular time of the year? for example, Father?s Day. From July 1, 2015 through May 2016, more than 1,600 associates took advantage of Best-Upon-Request.