Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
Directs and coordinates all administrative and support activities for an office such as, human resources administration, office administration, financial tracking and quality assurance.
Essential Job Duties:
- Development, implementation and assessment of goals and objective of office.
- Reviews all financial and operational activities of the office. Prepares budget and tracks financial activities in relation to the budget.
- Analyze, organize and implement office operations, procedures and processes. May work with external locations in streamlining processes for consistency.
- Monitors and reviews lease and maintenance agreements for office. Works with contract account manager on all issues related to contract terms and performance. Analyzes the use and implementation of equipment and facilities.
- Provide accurate and timely reports and records to management quarterly. Manages file storage for location.
- Provides input regarding staff hires, terminations and performance levels.
- Coordinate new hire process to ensure that all paperwork is completed correctly and sent to corporate for processing.
- Develop and maintain accurate records regarding employee personal and job related information.
- Maintain a database of salary and appraisal data and provide notification to managers of upcoming actions.
- Process timesheets for assigned location.
- Monitor office supplies, order replacement supplies as needed. Maintain file of service providers.
- Ensures that all computer equipment and training is provided according to Company procedures, within the MIS department equipment standards and local office goals.
- May process payables including expense reports.
- Provide effective and consistent customer service to clients, management and local staff.
- Adheres to all Company policies, procedures, processes and programs.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years previous related office administration experience and a minimum of 2 years previous supervisory/management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and decisions in critical situations
- General knowledge of employment laws
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.