- Supervises Practice Managers and oversees the management of assigned medical practice activities. Engage staff in problem solving with a communication style that ensures high morale, and a professional, healthful clinic atmosphere.
- Oversees and manages the billing and collection processes of assigned outpatient areas ensuring compliance with standard billing practices. Ensures that denials are handled in a prompt manner and necessary processes are implemented to improve efficiency.
- Exhibits strong commitment to patient safety, high quality service, and outcomes.
- Serves as a strong patient and family advocate.
- Encourages community involvement by initiation and participation in health fairs and events to promote awareness. Responsible for managing the overall marketing activities of the practice in collaboration with health system marketing team.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, or Nursing required. Masters' Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, or Nursing preferred. Five to seven years of experience in middle or higher level management is required. Relevant experience in Women's Health or Pediatrics is strongly preferred.