Administrative Director of Women's Services
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital.
The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
To administer, analyze and appraise the care given to patients within the Maternal/Child Health area. To advise hospital management regarding the status of patient care, budgetary projections, quality improvement processes and human resource applications. To anticipate and estimate future needs of the unit needed to improve quality of patient care. To collaborate and coordinate the efforts of leaders within the organization to accomplish the mission of Nursing Administration, Maternal Child/Health as areas integrate with the overall mission of Del Sol Medical Center.
• Formulates sound fiscal operations including the timely and accurate compilation, analysis, development and publication of an annual budget and the monitoring of implementation in Maternal/Child Health.
• Administer analyze and appraise Quality Improvement and facilitate interdepartmental Performance Improvement process throughout the Medical Center
• Control and authorize processes related to Human Resources; inclusive of position control, job descriptions, professional practice, safety training and education, recruitment and retention and performance evaluations.
• Direct and approve the practice of professional nursing and support positions within the Maternal/Child Health area to maintain quality patient care through implementation and evaluation of clinical practice standards.
• Develop, interpret, inspect and review policies and procedures within the Nursing Division, Administrative Division and Unit Specific areas.
• Ensure that measurable processes are in place within areas of clinical responsibility to capture accuracy and consistency with regards to patient information and care.
• Cooperates with the Medical Staff and other hospital personnel to ensure that high quality services are being rendered to patients with the Medical Center.
• Develops and motivates Department Directors and other key personnel to optimize their talents and resources to meet the overall needs and goals of the organization.
• Supervise and evaluate employees within Nursing Administration, inclusive of Nursing Supervisors.
• Collaborates, develops and participates in marketing of Nursing Services, including educational program development, external advertising and working in alliance with local and regional programs.
• Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of goals established for the organization, the Nursing Division and Maternal/Child Health areas.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Integrity: Behaves ethically and honestly; supports workplace diversity; communicates openly in all directions; balances work/life issues; fosters trust in relationships; allocates resources effectively.
• Teamwork: Promotes cooperation; build bridges of cooperation; actively contributes to group efforts; supports team decisions; puts aside self interest; works withdiversity. Works as a team member through interaction, assistance, and demonstration.
• Customer and Quality Focus: Knows customers and adds value; actively listens; treat customers like business partners; monitors quality and customer satisfaction; adheres to high standards; manages customer expectation. Demonstrates customer service skills with both internal and external customers. Treats patients/customers as individuals with unique values, beliefs, and practices.
• Job knowledge: Exhibits a health care savvy; gets things done; aligns decisions with values; solves problems demonstrates professional/technical knowledge; anticipates challenges and takes risk.
• Hospital/Departmental Policies and Procedures: Knowledgeable of all policies and procedures that affect the outcomes and safety of patient care, and employee rights and responsibilities.
• Development: advocates a learning environment; empowers others; provides frequent candid feedback; coaches and supportsothers; fosters an innovative environment.
• Leadership: sets a living example; develops and communicates a shared vision; demonstrates credibility; acts with strategic focus; makes effective decisions; delegates appropriately; selects the right people; thinks beyond today’s practice.
• Financial Management: Exhibits knowledge of financial systems; stays with budgetary guidelines; cost saving innovations.
EDUCATIONREQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Bachelor of Science in Nursing or equivalent required.
Masters in related field preferred
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state required. BCLS certification required.
EXPERIENCEREQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
2-3Years RN/clinical Management experiencerequired.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
Knowledge of body substance isolation.
Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patients, families, internal and external partners, managerial and employee needs.
Ability to work long hours and irregular hours with many interruptions.
Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred