The Executive Director of Nursing reports to the Chief Nursing Officer and shares administrative authority and responsibility for the planning, administering, and directing the focused activities of all nursing services department. The Executive Director of Nursing has the authority and responsibility to promote, advocate and support the nursing staff’s primary commitment to protect the health, safety and rights of the individual, family, or community. Executive Director of Nursing participates in formulating organizational policy; develops or reviews procedures essential to the achievement of objectives; develops, directs and insures the implementation of Standards of Nursing Practice and clinical services that promote optimum health care delivery. Assists the CNO in ensuring the delivery of quality patient care while improving standards of care delivery, standards of fiscal and clinical practice in a manner consistent with the mission and goals of the organization. Maintains knowledge of social, economic, legal and regulatory issues, which impact the healthcare delivery system.
Authority and responsibility to ensure that nursing staff participate in the design and provision of patient care according to the following functions:
- Lead; provide authority, accountability for and coordination of the nurse leader and clinical administrative functions.
- Define and support the hospital’s mission, vision, values, goals and objectives by demonstrating concern for quality, patient safety, productivity and responsiveness by self and those managed.
- Plan, implement, revise and delegate nursing care with patient safety as the primary goal.
- Provide care/treatment/services within the professional practice model for the nursing department.
- Consults with nursing leaders on day-to-day operations and interpretations of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met. Recommends sufficient number of qualified competent personnel to provide care/service.
- Assists in formulating a nursing services budget. Makes recommendations for space allocations and other resources needed for the efficient operation of all nursing departments.
- Promote recruitment, retention, continuing education, community involvement, and development of nursing staff members and evaluate the recruitment and retention program for clinical areas.
- Improve the quality of the products or services provided and implement methods to increase their efficiency and productivity.
- Promote involvement of nursing staff in health promotion/educational community involvement, lifelong learning and nursing research.
- Support the philosophy of the Department of Nursing and promote the profession of nursing by articulating nursing values, maintaining the integrity of the profession and its practice and by striving to shape social policy.
- Participate in development and evaluation of professional practice by participating on unit and/or hospital committees, special projects and attendance at staff meetings and employee forums.
- Actively participate in unit, department, and/or hospital performance improvement activities and goals.
Medical City North Hills is an award-winning 164-bed acute care hospital located in the heart of northeast Tarrant County in North Richland Hills. The hospital offers a full range of services, specializing in heart and vascular services, orthopedics, surgery, and emergency care and has been recognized as a Top Performer by The Joint Commission for 2013 - 2015.
- Master’s degree in nursing or related field, or other related post graduate degree, or plan actively in progress to complete same.
- Have five (5) years hospital nursing experience.
- Have five (5) years recent and progressive management.
- Have five (5) years administrative experiencepreferred.
- Current RN license. Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required 30 days after hire.
- National Specialty Certification preferred.
- Demonstrate competent administrative, leadership and nursing skills, demonstrating knowledge of the age and disease specific care.
- Knowledge of TJC and CMS standards.
- Must possess ability to prioritize responsibilities and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with all types of personnel, medical staff and the public.
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions.
- Must have ability to act as liaison between personnel and management.
Job Code: 00444-108847