5 - 7 years
Posted 44 days ago
The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
The Administrative Director is responsible for the oversight of all patient care operations across several imaging modalities (as assigned by Director, DI Clinical Operations) including strategic planning, marketing, financial management, human resource management, operations management, facilities/physical asset management, and clinical patient care coordination.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Strategic Planning, Marketing and Financial Management
1. Participates in strategic planning and marketing efforts related to the patient population. Makes presentations and prepares reports as requested. Develops the annual patient volume projections based on history and new programs in collaboration with the Director of DI Clinical Operations, the Director of DI Strategic Operations, and the Director of Finance and Business Operations.
2. Assumes accountability for financial oversight of areas of responsibility including, annual review of charge capture and fee structure, accurate and timely input into the Radiology Information System (RIS), auditing and account reconciliation, budget development and variance analysis/explanation, and supply inventory. Responsible for capital equipment budget development and implementation in collaboration with the Director of DI Clinical Operations, the Director of Equipment Quality Assurance and the Director of Engineering. Ensures performance to annual operating budget by taking corrective action when appropriate/necessary.
Operations and Human Resources Management
1. Supervises patient care operations including issues related to patient flow, scheduling, and customer service. Develops plans in collaboration with the Director of DI Clinical Operations, Technical Managers, Nurse Managers, and the DI Director of Nursing. Ensures that operational practices are continually improved through the development, implementation and evaluation of continuous quality improvement initiatives. Ensures compliance with institutional, divisional and unit based policies and procedures as well as external regulatory requirements.
2. Manages human resources including clinical, administrative and clerical staffing alignment with institutional and Division standards. Oversees the selection, supervision, development and evaluation of classified personnel. Develops monitors and enforces productivity and performance standards. Ensures maintenance of allied health and nursing practice standards. Develops staffing plans and justifies incremental resources.
Facilities/Physical Asset Management
1. Is responsible for facility and physical asset planning and maintenance including facility design and inventory management developed in collaboration with the Director of Strategic Operations and the Director of Finance and Business Operations. Ensures optimal utilization of assigned resources. Justifies requests for incremental space resources using institutional and divisional processes.
Other duties as assigned
Education:Bachelor's degree in related field.
Preferred Education: Master's Level Degree
Experience: Seven years of business/clinical operations experience in a healthcare environment to include three years in a management role.
Preferred Experience: Four years of management experience.
All of the following:
· Registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
· Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist (CMRT) through the Texas Medical Board.
· CPR Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers through the American Heart Association.
Requisition #: 119485