We are seeking an Administrative Director to provide administrative direction and technical oversight to all disciplines of the clinical pathology laboratory. The Administrative Director is accountable for both technical and service quality, as well as operational, fiscal, compliance, regulatory, and quality management activities. This role works in collaboration with all other areas of the hospital in support of the provision of patient care.
In this position you will:
- Represent the department in a manner that promotes cooperation, accessibility; emphasizes the department's service and support role across the organization to stakeholders.
- Work with hospital leadership to develop strategic departmental plans, in support of overall organizational goals, and ensure that activities and priorities are in place to achieve department objectives.
- Promote the professional and personal development of all staff, acting as a mentor and coach to management and supervisory staff.
- Develop the operating and capital budgets for department cost centers, with appropriate input from the medical director, laboratory management and staff.
- Ensure that adequate administrative policies and procedures are in place to facilitate the smooth operation of the department and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure processes are in place to ensure the department has adequate staffing, supplies, and equipment that is well maintained to successfully meet the mission of providing excellent service to the patients of the hospital, community physicians, and community members
- Maintain collaborative relationships with the Medical Director and contracted Anatomic Pathology providers
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related science filed
- Successful completion from an accredited School of Medical Terminology
- Minimum five (5) years recent or current management experience within a comparable organization
- Certification from one or more of the following: American Society of Clinical Pathologists - Medical Technologist (ASCP MT) or National Certification Agency - Clinical Laboratory Scientist (NCA CLS) or Health Education and Welfare - Clinical Laboratory Technologist (HEW CLT)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in a related science field, business or healthcare administration
- Recent or current experience supervising others in a leadership role
- Certification from American Society of Clinical Pathologists - Diplomate of Laboratory Management (ASCP DLM)