Industry: Healthcare IT•
5 - 7 years
Posted 356 days ago
Job ID: 25613
This position has responsibility for the administration of all aspects of the Service Line [or Shared Service] including clinic and hospital operations in the area assigned. The Administrative Director will report to the Vice President/Executive Director of the Service Line [or Shared Service] and will be responsible to support improvements in Safety, People, Operational Excellence, Financial Performance and Strategy/Growth. The position acts as liaison with all levels of administration, faculty, and outside organizations to coordinate the Cancer Service Line business with the aim of value-based care and population health for our community.
Through multi-disciplinary collaboration with the VP/Executive Director, CCC Chief Nurse Office and with the leadership of Medical Oncology, Radiation Therapy and Surgical Oncology, the Administrative Director coordinates operational planning, systems assessment and analysis, program development, information management, and marketing of oncology services across the health system. Responsible for coordinating activities to ensure the delivery of high quality patient and family centered cancer care services and an experience consistent with the mission and values of the organization. The Administrative Director provides strategic planning of the Medical Center's academic and regional practice sites and evaluation of potential regional practice partners as well as providing administrative oversight of outreach practices.
This position responds to the needs of the staff reporting to this position by assisting in the supervision, interviewing and selection of new staff members. Under the direction of the Administrative Director, delegated supervisory personnel participate in employee performance evaluations, orientation and training. The Administrative Director works closely with the medical staff to ensure that they have the resources (staff, facilities, supplies, and systems) to accomplish the highest quality of patient care in a cost-effective manner.
Master's Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or related field.
1. Exemplifies the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center (WFBMC) Values and Code of Conduct, while striving to identify compliance risk through department led risk assessments, system monitoring, and periodic audits, and reporting any identified violation to Legal Services and Corporate Compliance Departments. Ensures immediate action is taken on any issues identified through a self-assessment or by Legal Services or Corporate Compliance; that policies are developed or revised as necessary; and that efforts are made to ensure a positive and compliant work environment for all employees.
2. Demonstrates leadership in the areas of:
3. Strategic Planning: In collaboration with Strategic Planning staff, develops and executes strategic plans for the Cancer Center of Excellence and Oncology Service Line to achieve vision and goals. Forecasting future equipment, space, and staff resource need; participating in the ongoing evaluation of the health care environment, emerging technological advances and market potentials; conducts studies and recommends adjustments in the organization, staffing, systems and procedures; and prepares Certificate of Need documents. Ensures the vision and goals are consistent and supportive of the Medical Center's vision and strategic goals.
4. Responsible for Service Line Growth: Analyzes local and regional markets and seeks opportunities for program development, partnerships, and other business arrangements leading to growing and sustained market share. In collaboration with Public Relations and Marketing staff, develops and executes a marketing strategy for targeted areas of growth based upon segmented marketing research.
5. Financial Management: Oversees the development and execution of the division's operating budget to ensure that departments have adequate staffing, operating funds, and supplies to accomplish assigned objectives. Forecasting, developing, implementing, monitoring and controlling budget; variance reporting; optimizing available resources.
6. Customer Service: Demonstrates personal commitment to customer service and satisfaction. Providing resources for managers to ensure staff are dedicated to superb customer service; and responding to patient, physician or staff complaints.
7. Quality Improvement: Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations and standards of government agencies and accreditation bodies, as well as the hospital's standards of excellence. Maintains an awareness of current and changing accreditation, regulatory, and professional standards impacting the Cancer Center of Excellence and Oncology Service Line. Collaborates with medical staff, administrative staff, and other providers in planning, defining, and establishing policies and procedures that support regulatory compliance.
8. Human Resources - Building and Retaining Organizational Talent: Develops, retains, recruits, and leads a talented management team committed to accomplishing the organizational/business unit goals, objectives and corporate compliance. Recommends, implements, and evaluates plans and systems that assures sufficient number of qualified and competent staff to provide care/services. Adheres to administrative policy/procedures relating to human resource management. Actively works to ensure a positive work environment for employees and ensures that personnel practices support effective recruitment, selection, training, evaluation, and compensation. Supports ongoing appropriate staff development. Ensures effective communication with all staff.
9. Evaluates Workflow Patterns and Staff Responsibility to Extenuate Departmental Excellence: Efficiently utilizes assigned resources and develops procedures to reduce cost and/or improve productivity. Performing a workflow system analyses as needed; developing new methods of accomplishing tasks (if indicated); assisting managers in developing a cohesive staff, working as team members; striving to build teams across the continuum of care with co-management partners, to keep them abreast on department progress, staffing needs, etc.; meeting with Vice President on a regular basis to share progress, plans and/or concerns; and develops policies and procedures for the effective operation of hospital services in the assigned departments.
10. Represents the Cancer Center of Excellence and Oncology Service Line through active participation on Medical Center committees and teams.
11. Works to ensure that Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center and its affiliates work together effectively in support of the common purposes of providing the highest possible quality of patient care, medical education, and research. Recognizes and supports common goals, objectives, and the overall Medical Center mission.