Looking for a chance to do meaningful work that touches millions? Come join the hardest working, nonprofit health plan in California and help us shape the future of health care. Blue Shield of California is focused on transforming health care by making it more accessible, affordable and customer-centric. Being a mission-driven organization means we do much more than serve our 3.5 million members: we were the first health plan in the nation to limit our annual net income to 2 percent of revenue and return the difference to our customers and the community, and since 2005 we have contributed more than million to the Blue Shield of California Foundation to improve community health and end domestic violence. We also believe that a healthier California begins with our employees, so we provide them with resources to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle through our award-winning wellness program, Wellvolution. We're hiring smart thinkers and doers whowant to work for a leader and innovator in the challenging, ever-changing healthcare space. Come and help us make health care better for everyone.
- Provide administrative and secretarial services to the organization (Enterprise-wide) including, but not limited to collecting, recording, sorting and filing information; preparing routine reports, making travel arrangements; arranging appointments and responding to inquires.
- Primary responsibility is delivering administrative assistance in day-to day job.
- Administer general business office activities.
- Such activities are clerical in nature and may include mail, word processing, filing, order processing, telephone answering and stationery supplies.
- Highly effective support of a large sized team (8+).
- Responsible for providing administrative support to functional area(s), department manager(s) and/or staff.
- Uses automated office equipment and business applications as needed such as PowerPoint, Excel, expense management and travel booking software.
- May be responsible for the preparation of reports, graphs, and presentations, conducting research and illustrating data using spreadsheet, database and graphic software.
- Acts as an information source on organization policies and procedures.
- Assists with onboarding new employees.
- May coordinate special projects and department activities.
- Screens calls, takes and delivers messages, provides information to callers.
- May order and maintain office supplies, prepare and sort mail, make appointments and travel arrangements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Internal expert on Blue Shield administrative systems.
- Requires advanced knowledge within a specific discipline typically gained through extensive work experience and/or education.
- Typically, requires minimum of 7 years of experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.