We are looking for Admin Assistant for our client in Houston, TX
Job Title: Admin Assistant
Job Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Responsible for office and clerical functions and providing administrative support for the Operations Manager and Division Vice President.
- May coordinate office services, such as personnel, budget preparation and control, housekeeping, records control and special management studies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for office and clerical functions and providing administrative support for the Operations Manager and Division Vice President. Coordinates all office and clerical duties for the division.
- Directs services such as office equipment maintenance, repair, supplies, mail and files.
- Provides backup and acts as Receptionist in his/her absence.
- Provides assistance to Sales Representatives and Customer Services Representatives as needed.
- Prepares professional looking presentations using Power Point and/or any other applicable software.
- Coordinates and schedules management and teammate meetings for the division.
- Prepares and maintains data regarding new and existing contracts.
- Responsible for maintaining and securing all on-site personnel records.
- Disburses and reconciles petty cash.
- Coordinates special events and local teammate functions.
- Prepares and maintains payroll.
- Sort and distributes incoming mail.
- Orders office supplies for the division.
- Makes travel arrangements for division management and others.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- May interview job applicants, conduct orientation of new teammates and plan training programs.
- May assist in preparation of operating budgets.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION and FORMAL TRAINING:
- Knowledge of stenography, elementary accounting, or a variety of office, laboratory or test procedures.
- Operation of office equipment such as personal computers to perform word processing or simple spread sheets.
- Equal to a high school diploma plus additional specialized training.
- Over one year (up to and including) three years
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously under pressured deadlines
- Planning and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills(Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office, including EMAIL and calendaring software).
- Good keyboarding skills
- Adaptable to change
- Good time management skills
- EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND WORK AIDS: General office equipment including PC.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS:
- Inside working conditions.
- No environmental hazards indicated for this classification.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
TYPE OF PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Acuity, near Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
- Talking Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Talking is important for those activities in which workers must impart oral information to clients or to the public, and in those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing Perceiving the nature of sounds.
- Hearing is important for those activities which require ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discrimination in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on running engines