ADM Software Sales Business Development Manager
CategorySalesOpportunity abounds at Micro Focus – now the world’s 7th largest pure-play software company. The robust offerings of Micro Focus and HPE Software have been brought together to create a bigger, better software-focused company that is unparalleled in the depth and breadth of ourportfolio. Take charge of your future and join our dynamic, motivatedSales team as we make a powerful impact on the world’s softwarelandscape.
Background & Major Responsibilities:
This role reports directly to ADM Director of Business Development and is responsible for driving efforts to solidify long-term health of the business. The role requires a seasoned sales professional to coordinate multiple functions across the GTM team and coach sales representatives to drive pipeline, execute large deals, and compete vigorously in the market. The ideal candidate is motivated by long-term success, programmatic execution of go-to-market plans, and has a balance of technical and business acumen. Primary goals associated with this role described below:
- Pipeline Health: The team measures pipeline health persistently on a 4 quarter rolling basis with tight coordination between first line sales leaders, marketing, sales operations, and the business unit through a programmatic function called “Pipeline Council”. As a CMT/Major District Business Development Rep you will be the primary stakeholder in this council that represents the field’s priorities to land its value propositions and drive pipeline. On behalf of your CMT or Major District you will represent trends that are driving the pipeline health, risks, and remediation plans. This will entail cross-functional working relationships with stakeholders in sales, presales, marketing, services, partners, and the business unit.
- Field Readiness: The field’s readiness to position powerful points of view and value propositions requires a combination of field enablement and coaching. Key priorities include helping field teams sharpen their skills to qualify, compete, and close. To facilitate these efforts you will deliver face-to-face workshops on point-of-view positioning, value proposition training, white space coaching, and large deal strategy coaching.
- BU Interlock: Act as a conduit to the business unit on behalf of your CMT or Major District by coordinating executive visits, escalations, and field marketing activities.
An example of other major responsibilities and deliverables are provided below:
- Assist building vibrant partner ecosystems for our business. A well balanced approach including Systems Integration (SI), Managed Service Providers, Value Added Resellers, and Distributors led by our Channel & Alliances sales organization. As CMT/District BD you will guide and advise that team on strategy and execution tightly aligned to your CMT/District.
- Advise CMT/District leaders on team’s strengths and weaknesses; help leaders identify skill gaps to prioritize.
- Advise CMT/District, Presales, and Channel & Alliance sales leaders on recruiting and hiring criteria. Participate and contribute to recruitment and hiring processes.
- Provide 1:1 coaching services to sales team members. Examples include white space analysis support, large deal strategy, and competitive trapping techniques.
- Contribute to the overall go-to-market business rationale and risk assessment for making HPE investments their business, market, or segment.
- 8-10 years’ experience as a primary quota carrying sales representative
- Demonstrated experience coaching peers, leaders, direct reports, and business partners
- Extremely strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical skills, Excel, & PowerPoint expertise aimed at facilitating executive level summaries
- Demonstrated willingness to take risks and make adjustments quickly.
Job ID 7001350