Company Summary: ADESA is a business unit of global vehicle remarketing and technology solutions provider KAR Auction Services, Inc. KAR provides sellers and buyers across the global wholesale used vehicle industry with innovative, technology-driven remarketing solutions. KAR’s unique end-to-end platform supports whole car, salvage, financing, logistics and other ancillary and related services, including the sale of more than 5.5 million units valued at over $40 billion through our auctions. Our integrated physical, online and mobile marketplaces reduce risk, improve transparency and streamline transactions for customers in 120 countries. Headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, KAR has approximately 17,500 employees across the United States, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom.
Reporting to the Director of Major Dealer Accounts, the primary role of the Business Development Executive will be creating a business strategy and to grow profits through a focus on strategic account management to increase vehicle inventory and utilization of ADESA products and services. The Business Development Executive is to achieve the overall sales goals by targeting Strategic Account Business in the assigned region. This individual will be responsible for understanding a customer’s needs and providing the customer the right mix of ADESA products and services to meet those needs. He or she will also act as a business partner by developing and overseeing the performance of sales activities. This role will build and execute an annual sales plan for the assigned region focused on growing the assigned business. He or she will analyze local markets and current business performance to ensure strategies are effective in meeting planned profits and recommend adjustments to the plan when necessary. The ideal candidate will be respected in the automotive remarketing industry, have a strong history in auto sales, and establish relationships at a high level.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develops business plans and sales strategies to expand the customer base and contributes to the development and growth of the business.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate the market.
- Assess region to craft a well-thought-out and varied sales plan (which includes prospecting, up-selling, and account management) to ensure overall growth in the volume of vehicles sold through ADESA sales channels from all current and target accounts.
- Creates and conducts proposal presentations.
- Technology savvy and can sell customers the benefits of using new technology.
- Leverage all available ADESA dealer-facing tools and technology, products, and services to create best-in-class dealer experience.
- Monitor all local competition and recommend competitive strategies to General Managers.
- Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner. Advise the General Managers of all serious complaints or incidences.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Properly use and navigate ADESA’s CRM tool to document sales plan, organize customer contact workflow, track, measure account activity against key success metrics, and log activity.
- Successfully transfer new clients to customer success team member with strong communication.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, information technology, sales or related field.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in the automotive industry, preferably vehicle inventory management or automotive auctions.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of B2B Sales or equivalent auction sales experience.
- Proven sales ability with all levels of decision makers.
- Success in selling internet/technology based products a plus.
- Proven communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent networking capabilities.
- Thrives in a competitive, fast paced, team environment.
- A high level of comfort with technology.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Proficient in MS Office, intermediate to Advanced skills in Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Conflict resolution and customer service skills required.
- Must exhibit strong team player attributes with the ability to multi-task, and prioritize.
- Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Occasional overnight travelrequired.