As Senior Human Resources Business Partner supporting IDEXX’s Companion Animal Group (CAG) Research & Development organization, you will work closely with leaders across the CAG R&D organization to continue delivering innovative, high-quality products and services that are on the forefront of advancing the standard of care in veterinary medicine. In this role you will integrate with the business and consult, coach, counsel and support the development of senior leaders in these high-energy, innovative, fast-moving teams.
In partnership with the business, HR teammates, HR Centers of Expertise and other key functional partners, you will assess and act on employee trends, manage complex people situations, and drive strategic talent imperatives to achieve business objectives and optimize performance. In addition, you will lead and participate in business and HR projects and assignments with many cross-functional teammates and stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you will:
Be highly skilled, collaborative, and proactive in effectively supporting multiple, fast-paced, execution-oriented teams; be a strong team player as part of a much broader business team; have strong business acumen and situational agility; be results driven with great execution skills; have a solid working knowledge across a wide breath of IDEXX business areas and HR functions, including solid employee relations skills; and be able to effectively advise, coach, counsel and support the development of senior leaders and their teams.
As Senior HR Business Partner supporting our Companion Animal Group (CAG) Research & Development, you will:
- Integrate into the CAG R&D teams to help drive results and guide leaders in identifying, prioritizing and building current and future talent strategies, pipelines, behaviors, structures and processes, supported by data and analysis.
- Define organizational capabilities needed based on business and talent strategy and partner withHR Centers of Expertise (COEs) and others as needed to develop appropriate next steps.
- Provide senior business leaders coaching and consultation to strengthen leadership capabilities across business areas.
- Serve as key, trusted advisor to leadership on business direction, particularly related to people aspects of the business. Influences senior team to make optimal decisions with an eye toward people performance, development and retention. Demonstrate thorough understanding of business strategies, competitive landscape and current, anticipated and potential future business challenges. Collaboratively create solutions from a holistic HR systems and process thinking perspective within a relevant business context. Consult with client group on strategies to maximize impact in key areas of mutually- agreed-upon importance. Lead, participate in and support the cross functional teams within CAG R&D.
- Work closely with Senior HR Business Partner peers, HR Advisors and HR Centers of Expertise, to implement and harmonize processes in the development of Research & Development (technical & scientific) specific strategies for building leadership capabilities, addressing employee engagement and addressing Talent Acquisition (TA) and rewards opportunities.
- Broker appropriate solutions from within the broader HR organization with an eye toward innovation and scalability of processes
- Guide organizational change through application of extensive knowledge related to the business and industry trends, relationship development and partnership skills, key internal company processes, as well as HRexperience.
- Provide strong leadership communications, acting as the voice of the client with HRinternally, ensuring that position, decision and or direction taken by HR remains customer centric and business focused.
- Play a key role, along with business leaders, in engagement action planning. Provides HR leadership to management and employees which fosters engagement and aligns people with the direction of the business to drive results.
- Participate in escalated employee relations activities, restructures/reductions in force (RIFs) and other areas as appropriate. Proactively, develop and drive strategies for appropriate interventions by building collaborative relationships with the business leadership team and all HR partners.
Requirements: 10+ years of relevant and increasing HR responsibility working in a large, global organization. People leadership and global experience strongly preferred. Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Master’s degree preferred. Previous experience working within a technical/scientific environment preferred. 10-15% travel required. Relocation to Maine is required.