Located at Grace Lake Corporate Center (GLCC) in Van Buren Twp., near Ann Arbor, Michigan, the ADAS System Test & Validation Engineer will directly report to Visteon’s Head of ADAS System. Although the work location is in Van Buren Township, the role works with a globally dispersed team.
- General understanding of testing concepts and test strategies for ADAS / AD systems
- Requirements and system use cases analysis and transform into Test Specification and Test Sequences
- Implement test sequences on the required test environment with open possibilities for any technologies or scripting languages for automation
- Run and debug test scripts on the required Systems Under Test and manage all debugging activities with minimum support
- Support Bench testing with the Simulation along with the Hardware and executing automated tests-
- Development of vehicle simulation models for HIL & SIL/MIL environments.
- Deployment of vehicle models on real time HIL simulators
- Report Test executions and results to project leaders with clear matrices
- Debug and fix any blocking issues with test benches or rigs to keep projects deliveries on time, otherwise collaborate with external parties for fast responses.
- Participation in the process of maintenance, configuration and adaptation of system test suites for different functions.
- Knowledge of vehicle simulation tools will be advantage (VIRES VTD, Carmaker etc..)
- Support in establishing the Agile mindset and philosophy of Testing
- Establishing ASPICE process across the projects responsible related to SW qualification and validation.
Degree Strongly Preferred: University degree in Electronics, computer science, automation engineering, electrical engineering or similar with work experience of around 5 years in SW or System Testing.
- Very good in ROS, C/C++, Python and know how in Matlab Simulink in automotive embedded area.
- Experienced using dspace HiL Systems (preferably dSpace Scalexio)
- Experience with agile development & Testing (SCRUM, TDD or scaled versions in Agile).
- Experienced in using DOORS, RTC, RQM or similar tools.
- Previous experience as Simulation Test Engineer
- Experience using Linux environment and managing the packages in the Test rigs.
- Ability to understand the requirements and transfer that into Scenarios, test cases or testable scripts.
- Must be flexible, dependable, self-initiative and capable of learning new products and technologies.
- Ready to take up activities to support the team and the project in time.
- Experience in working as a Simulation Engineer.
- ISTQB or ISEB certification would be desirable.
- Good to have research and/or development experience with ADAS or AD domain
- Exhibits a positive attitude and confidence to handle risks associated with testing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (necessary) and German (good to have) as well as to work on an international environment with a distributed team structure.
- Self-motivated / self-starter with the ability to find creative solutions.
The successful candidate will enjoy working with a global team that crosses a variety of cultures. Because team members reside in numerous time zones, the work schedule may require flexibility and meeting during the early morning or evening hours.