PACCAR’s Embedded Engineering department, which serves both Kenworth and Peterbilt, has an opening for an Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) Embedded Lead Engineer (ELE). This position will lead ADAS functional development through the software development process, coordinate software and systems validation across multiple truck models, and align development activities with mechanical and electrical development teams. Additionally, the Embedded Lead Engineer will support a platform-based solution to maximize feature reuse, align global requirements, and oversee the implementation of functional safety concepts for ADAS systems. The successful candidate will have experience coordinating development across multiple engineering teams, possess a deep understanding of ADAS technologies, and understand product development lifecycle methods for quality product implementations.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Lead ADAS product development through initial design concepts, project budget and schedule development, risk identification and mitigation, and support quality product implementations.
- Responsible for coordinating technical development of system components (both software and hardware) with technical leads within the department.
- Serve as the liaison between truck division Program Managers and Embedded Engineering teams to understand program risks, development activities, and technical issues.
- Ensure intellectual property coverage for new Embedded Engineering technical ideas.
- Lead technical program review meetings related to ADAS programs.
- Coordinate Functional Safety reviews for ADAS systems and track completion of functional safety concepts.
- Coordinate and close software defects and hardware issues related to ADAS programs.
- Contribute to Design For Six Sigma (DFSS) assessments for ADAS programs.
- Build and present ADAS product development updates to senior leadership.
- Travel up to 10%, including internationally.
Required / Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent degreerequired.
- Master’s degree and PE license preferred.
- 4+ years of design experience in automotive or commercial vehicle electrical systems or industry-related field preferred.
- Experience in design and application of automotive electronic control modules, switches, driver input devices, software, or HMI elements, especially in the area of ADAS technologies.
- Solid understanding of Six Sigma disciplines and tools preferred.
- Experience with automotive or commercial vehicle networks, such as CAN, SAE J1939 and LIN preferred.
- Proficiency using Requirements Management and Systems Engineering tools desired.
- Experience using Matlab/Simulink, IBM Rational Rhapsody, IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation, and IBM Rational Team Concert is a plus.
- Experience in vehicle components product development lifecycle and new product implementation.
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer