We are looking for Adabas / Natural Developer for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: Adabas / Natural Developer
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Information Systems Architect - Intermediate
- Candidate should be an experienced coder in Natural/ADABAS, COBOL CICS working under the supervision of the Economic Services Technical Manager.
- Experience on the operations and development of SNAP/TANF and EBT applications is highly desirable.
- This includes lead requirements workshops with the Economic Services program are staff, develop Technical requirements, code development, unit testing, integration testing, and deployment.
- Interact with other software engineers and technical leads to understand subsystem and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development.
- Provide an architectural framework for information system development, maintenance, and enhancement efforts.
- Design and document subsystems and system components consisting of several components working together to execute an encapsulated function of the larger system.
- Determine and communicate the implications of system-level decisions on subsystems and components and help determine how best to mitigate or take advantage of these implications.
- Determine and communicate the requirements and capabilities of components within the context of the larger system, project, and team.
- Participate in efforts to share technology, functional knowledge and expertise within the organization; mentor junior and aspiring software development engineers.
- Perform tasks efficiently and work together with team to ensure project success.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- 5+ years of experience independently designing and implementing medium to large-scale software systems and components using .net architectures.
- 5+ years of experience developing data-driven applications utilizing legacy database engines as part of the overall application architecture.
- 5+ years' experience building Legacy MF systems, utilizing scalable approaches, and complex security models/implementations
- Successful design and implementation of multiple software components and subsystems.
- Ability to communicate the design and implementation of software systems including relevant strengths/weaknesses and reasons for implementation decisions.
- Ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively with technical, non-technical staff, and customers/stakeholders as needed or directed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the client and other information technology staff.
- 5+ years of experience in the design, and operations of Federal Certified SNAP and TANF Eligibility and Benefit Issuance systems.
- 5+ years of experience on the implementation and operations of Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) systems statewide.
Environments and Tools:
- IBM zOS
- Software AG Natural/ADABAS
- IBM JCL
- IBM TSO
- MS Excel
- MS Word
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Preference will be given to experience related to Economic Services Eligibility applications (SNAP/TANF) system design and development and/or knowledge of the Economic Services program's mission and objectives
- Experience with Agile software development is a plus.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or related area and experience in computer system development and modification.
- Related experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year-for-year basis.
- A work experience in the modification and maintenance of system programs, the design and development of system software, or the testing and debugging of system software.
- An Associates degree or a bachelor's degree in a related field may be substituted for the required work experience.