Snap Inc is a technology company. We believe the camera presents the greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Snap contributes to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together. The Company’s three core products are Snapchat, a visual messaging app that enhances your relationships with friends, family, and the world; Lens Studio, an augmented reality platform that powers AR across Snapchat and other services; and it's AR glasses, Spectacles.
The Ad Research & Insights team leverages thought leadership, custom analyses, ads measurement, and joint learning plans to craft insights narratives and provide prescriptive guidance as to how advertisers can drive effective and efficient ads performance on Snapchat.
We’re looking for an Ad Research and Insights Lead to join our Measurement Team at Snap Inc!
What you’ll do:
- Work with senior members of agencies and the team to manage flawless execution of best-in-class ad industry thought leadership (e.g. marketing, analytics, research vendors, study design, and key insights)
- Scope and gather context from partners when planning new projects and co-develop briefs
- Learn to evaluate traditional and non-traditional research methodologies
- Assist in evaluating proposals from third-party research firms and build relationships with research partners
- Manage survey development with precision and attention to detail
- Ensure flawless execution of all research, mapping back to initial scope and timelines
- Manage communication across all parties, including research partners, agencies, internal stakeholders
- Assist in developing measurement, research, and learning plans for media agencies in support of their media objectives and the long-term growth of the partnership.
- Build relationships with analytics, research and MarTech teams at specific group holding companies and independent agencies. Serve as a key point of content with regard to measurement capability
- Communicate complex ads measurement and research results to internal and external audiences through development of written decks, blogs and/or presentations
- Work closely with Advertiser Solutions (sales), Ad Product, Measurement Product, Product marketing, Data Science, and RnD teams to evaluate, position. Serve as a trusted measurement consultant for key strategic agency relationships
- Explore hypothesis using first party data related to causal and observational measurement frameworks
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to structure and conduct analyses to generate insights & recommendations
- Understanding of concepts, measurement solutions, and underlying statistical fundamentals of the ads efficacy and measurement ecosystem
- Clear and concise communication; experience presenting insights and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders (either small groups of senior stakeholders or large agency-wide sessions)
- Ability to access, analyze, interpret, and communicate ads performance insights and results
- Experience in executing measurement solutions, including brand and conversion lift
- Basic understanding of applied statistics including sampling approaches, causal modeling, time series analysis, and data-mining techniques
- Knowledge of agency needs when it comes to planning and measurement
- A solid understanding of Snapchat and the digital advertising and measurement ecosystem
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or business field or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years of advanced analytics and measurement experience within a technology company, media agency, consulting firm, advertiser, or research company
- Advanced degree in business, math, psychology, sociology or a related field
- Experience with ads measurement and market research
- Ability to write basic SQL code / run big data queries. Exposure to advanced analytical tools (e.g. SQL, R, SAS) is preferred
- Expertise in performance measurement
- Experience working with media agencies
- Experience with executing research including questionnaire development, analysis and supporting development of thought leadership
- Experience developing learning agendas for brand and performance objectives
In the United States, work locations are assigned a pay zone which determines the salary range for the position. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These pay zones may be modified in the future.
- Zone A (CA, WA, NYC): The base salary range for this position is $175,000 - $250,000 annually
- Zone B: The base salary range for this position is $166,000 - $238,000 annually
- Zone C: The base salary range for this position is $149,000 - $213,000 annually
This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs
"Default Together" Policy at Snap: At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a “default together” approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week).
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success.