Nestlé Health Science (NHSc) is a company on a mission and on the move, motivated by the opportunity to forge a major therapeutic role for nutrition in the management of health and establish a new industry between food and pharmaceuticals. The two elements of the equation are simple; societies are ageing and age and lifestyle related diseases are spiraling. Needs are growing for safe, effective and cost-effective solutions. At the same time, scientific understanding of health, disease and the potential of nutrition – as an integral part of managing health and disease – is growing.
Nestlé Health Science, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Nestlé Group, was created in 2011 to be a leader in these developments and make things happen. We have over 3,000 employees around the world with a wide mix of capabilities – from bio-medical engineers to regulatory specialists, medical delegates (sales force) and health economic experts that reflect our dynamism and intent to create.
The AD Operations Controller will assure that the respective business receive timely and accurate reports and insights, allowing the team to improve the financial performance within the area of ‘Total Delivered Cost’. This will include:
Planning and Analysis of Cost of Production, Cost of Goods Sold, Production Related Overheads as well as Fixed Factory Overhead and Depreciation.
Establishing financial justifications for capital investments and controlling expenses & execution thereof
Assist in identifying and validating Cost Savings Initiatives for both T&P and Distribution
Assist on cost estimations for the launch of new products. Support to Business and R&D needs.
Planning & Analysis of COGS
• Provide forecast for Cost of Goods Sold, Production Related Overheads, Fixed Factory Overhead and Depreciation to the business partners on a regular basis.
• Track actual results, analyze and explain variances, establish monthly management reporting package.
Planning & Analysis of Cost of Production
• Coordinate factory budget process along with NUSA and NN factories.
• Analyze Factory Variance Reports on a regular basis.
• Proactively manage emerging risks and opportunities in cooperation with factory controllers. Challenge and improve business performance.
• Ensure alignment of factory costing processes with Nestle Costing Standards.
• Establish financial justifications for capital investments in coordination with the business units.
• Track and control expenses of major capital projects; ensure adherence to project plans and accounting standards.
• Support the Emerging Markets group of Nestle USA with adequate product costing and other relevant information.
• Manager and assist in forecasting and challenging the cost centers that rolls up into Manufacturing Cost.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
• 5-8 years of experience in finance (preferably operations finance environment)
• Experience with Nestle systems & processes required