bbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Drives growth of CentriMag blood pump system in the Region, leveraging acute mechanical circulatory support specialized clinical and product knowledge. This position is intra-regional in nature and reports to the Regional Sales Manager. It requires close collaboration with the Territory Managers, Clinical Consultants and Market Development Managers within the region.
Responsibilities: Region expert on the use of CentriMag for Extra-Corporeal Life Support (ECLS) and cannulation. Targeting existing accounts that do not use HeartMate II
- Acts independently to build relationships and drive utilization of the product through in-depth product education and best practices sharing. Existing HeartMate II accounts
- Coordinates with Territory Manager and Clinical Consultant to drive utilization and facilitate relationships with Non-Transplant Centers. Prospective accounts Acts independently at accounts that do not use HeartMate II to identify and qualify them for CentriMag.
- Collaborates with Territory Manager on opportunities at Transplant Centers. Then, coordinates with Territory Manager and Center Development Manager through the sales process, including but not limited to leading product demonstrations and securing support from perfusionist staff.
- At existing HeartMate II centers, primary quoting and final sales transaction continues to be managed by the Territory Manager.
- At non-HeartMate II accounts, the quoting and sales process to be managed on individual basis, with primary responsibility starting with the Acute Product Specialist.
- Leads/facilitates the post-purchase training. General responsibilities include: Attend major perfusion meetings in the region and many of the national perfusion meetings, as needed. Develop and/or cultivate KOL's with an interest in ACS/ECLS. Educate sales and clinical colleagues on CentriMag and new trends in ECLS and ACS (e.g., New Hire Orientation). Contributor to the overall Acute Business including latest competitive selling arguments, product development suggestions and sales support materials.
Qualifications - The ideal candidate will be proficient in both the clinical and sales aspects of the position. Clinical experience in areas relevant to acute mechanical circulatory support
- Bachelor's degree is required. Prefer that degree is in Nursing, Biomedical engineering or other medical discipline.
- Certificate in Circulatory Sciences and Perfusion (CCP) desired.
- Adept at navigating within a customer environment between clinicians with different roles, styles and goals to help advance the use of the therapy. Ability to collaborate with clinical colleagues to train and motivate staff. Sales orientation and experience 3 years industry experience, preferably 5 or more.
- Experience identifying new business opportunities.
- Experience working in a team selling environment
- Experience selling successfully in a highly competitive environment. Ability to collaborate with sales colleagues to secure a sale. Or a combination of experience and education.
General Work Expectations
- Maintains a good driving record.
- Ability to work effectively from a home office base and must provide the majority of their own typing, filing, and communications support.
- Awareness of and adherence to AdvaMed guidelines.
- Protects and acts responsibly toward all company equipment and confidential information.