The US Hematology Health System Manager (HSM) is responsible for compliantly achieving identified business objectives against identified team sales goals tied to specific Health Systems within their territory. Responsibilities include identifying business initiatives, developing customer relationships and effectively demonstrating the value proposition of the US Hematology portfolio as a solution to identified customer needs. Customers include, but are not limited to, key stakeholders, influencers and clinical and economic decision makers within Integrated Healthcare Delivery Networks (IDNs), Health Systems, Medical Groups, Hospitals, and Accountable Care Organizations (ACO’s).
- Applies large account management approach, consultative selling skills, and clinical expertise to enhance our business, build support for our portfolio of products.
- Collaborates with all US Hematology sales forces and business partners to coordinate efforts, maximize impact and enhance business outcomes.
- Analyzes and applies market data to assess business opportunities and priorities, including relevant impact of regional health care quality, delivery and reimbursement trends.
- Leads and motivates extended team members to improve performance, fostering a culture of engagement and accountability.
- Integrates and prioritizes US Hematology IDN Account Plan strategies and tactics with key overlapping Shire stakeholder activities, including relevant key objectives and milestones to optimize customer engagement and account outcomes.
- Utilizes foundational clinical and market expertise in various therapeutic areas and viewed as a value added resource to the IDN corporatized customer.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. MBA preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 6 or more years of direct selling experience to healthcare professionals in the pharmaceutical, biotech, device or healthcare industries. Requiredexperience in large account management, institutional settings.
- Ability to understand and communicate market trends in healthcare related to the impact on the customer landscape across therapeutic areas.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Understands and articulates the brand strategy and value proposition for the US Hematology portfolio, supporting with appropriate approved clinical and marketing resources, compliantly adapting to specific customer needs.
- Initiates, develops and maintains relationships with regional and national KOL’s. Effectively maps key influencers and high value stakeholders throughout the IDN, effectively positioning the US Hematology portfolio value proposition.
- Analyzes and prioritizes account level business opportunities and implements appropriate tactics in a compliant manner to support identified account plans goals / objectives. Actively monitors progress against agreed upon objectives and milestones and records account plan updates.
- Develops US Hematology IDN account level specific plans that include team identified, agreed upon key objectives, strategies and tactics and record specific activities against identified customers and goals in the appropriate CRM / business planning resource.
- Ensures that customers are consistently educated and advised on safe and appropriate use of US Hematology products and utilizes clinical knowledge, experience and therapeutic market understanding to effectively differentiate against competition, demonstrating the value proposition of the US Hematology portfolio as compliant solution to customer needs.
- Utilizes keen insights gained from available market analytics (i.e. Market Insights and Analytics) to optimally position clinical resources to advance utilization of US Hematology portfolio and achieve team account plan goals.
- Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, as well as negotiation and presentation skills.
- Travel is required and may involve visits to remote or urban areas either individually or with other personnel.
- Ability to understand and adapt to customers’ changing needs.
- Working knowledge of accounts in a territory and relationships with HCP
- Results Driven – a track record of results and compliance throughout the career.
- Works well in a team and an independent learner.
- Demonstrated an ability to handle change successfully.
- Demonstrated EQ.
- Mastery of the selling process.
Builds a Collaborative Culture:
Builds and models a culture of questioning and constructive challenge and collaboration to foster openness and candid dialogue among the BUs and regions and other decision making bodies. Listens to and carefully considers other’s perspectives, especially to manage and resolve conflict.
Leads with Strategic Agility:
Develops bold strategic plans and crafts pragmatic solutions to implement them. Moves easily between addressing current needs and planning for the future with informed insight. Considers marketplace and economic forces and trends and how it affects our business.
Clearly communicates the need for change. Decides and acts, even when faced with uncertainty. Quickly focuses on the critical issues while prioritizing current work.
Develops Organizational Capability:
Builds and improves effective internal systems and processes that align with organizational priorities, while inspires passion or growth and change in Shire’s people. Builds and fosters effective teams in a global matrix organization. Considers and addresses business and development needs both locally and globally.
Generates breakthrough solutions, and enables others to do the same. Draws on unexpected or seemingly unrelated ways of thinking. Incorporates stakeholder feedback to improve the business.
Req ID: R0021474