Medline Industries, Inc. has an immediate opening for an Acute Care Clinical Laboratory Specialist in New England, ideally based out of Boston, reporting to the Vice President of Laboratory Sales. The position will call on customers primarily in the acute care (hospital) market. This person is expected to be a technical consultant and will provide product expertise to Medline’s acute care representatives and customers regarding the following Laboratory product lines: diagnostic instrumentation, rapid diagnostic tests, chemicals/solvents/stains, general equipment, plasticware/consumables, glassware, microbiology transport media, liquid handling, and specimen collection products. We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working professional with background in the clinical laboratory industry and a desire to work for a fast-paced organization. In addition to exceptional customer service, a high level of technical expertise and entrepreneurial selling skills, you must have a “roll-up your sleeves” attitude.
The responsibilities of the position include:
The Acute Care Clinical Laboratory Specialist is experienced and fully capable of providing technical expertise and consultation to each of the various disciplines found within the hospital laboratory setting.
- Create product cross-references, account savings proposals, and sales presentations representing laboratory portfolio
- Present the features, benefits, and savings proposals of various laboratory products and services to multiple decision makers
- Call on acute care facilities within assigned territory in conjunction with Medline sales representatives to expand the sales of core laboratory products
- Lead and participate in all customer product trials, evaluations, implementations, and in-services as necessary
- Follow up with the customers and sales reps when evaluations/implementations are completed to assure satisfaction and full conversion compliance
- Represent Medline as the Laboratory product expert within the assigned territory
Acute Care Lab Specialists are expected to collaborate with various customer stakeholders (including Hospital Administrators, Lab Directors, Managers, and Supervisors), representatives from the laboratory manufacturing community, as well as a variety of other Medline corporate and field-based employees.
- Maintain business channels through regular customer call cycle
- Assist Medline sales reps with questions via email, phone calls or in-person
- Participate with product division on overall product strategy, competitive analyses, research and development requirements as well as other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of laboratory workflow in each clinical discipline including SOPs, best practices and guidelines set forth by CLIA, COLA, CAP and Joint Commission
- Technical understanding of current laboratory technologies within rapid diagnostics, hematology, chemistry, immunoassay, molecular diagnostic product categories and histology/cytology
- Familiarity with various procedures, testing protocols, and day-to-day dynamics of each laboratory discipline within the hospital setting
- Bachelor's degree required, scientific concentration highly preferred
- Medical Technologist certification highly preferred
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 3+ years sales experience specific to acute care laboratory market
- Experience as a Medical Technologist or Laboratory Generalist in hospital setting highly preferred
- Manufacturer experience highly preferred
- Distribution experience highly preferred
- Experience presenting to various levels of management
- Willing to travel up to 80% of the time
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience utilizing CRM tools
In return, Medline offers an entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential; a competitive compensation package; along with a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; 401(k) with company match and much more!