CNO Financial Group, in Carmel, IN is seeking an Actuary within our valuation group. This Actuary will perform valuation and projection activities for specified traditional life blocks of business and provide analysis for management reporting and annual statements.
- Calculate quarterly GAAP, statutory, and tax reserves and intangibles for traditional life blocks.
- Maintain controls, perform audits and review staff work product for such calculations.
- Research and assist in analyzing earnings and financial results for the product line. Assist in preparing reports for senior management.
- Assist in preparing the annual statement (blue book) and other annual reporting for life insurance blocks.
- Conduct projection activities related to the annual business plan, cash-flow testing, loss-recognition testing and other enterprise risk management activities.
- Provide explanations for variances to the plan and projections for re-forecasting.
- Direct work, train and mentor actuarial valuation and projection staff.
- BS in actuarial science, math or related fields
- ASA designation
- Minimum of 5 years of actuarial experience with 1+ years in supervisory or management role
- Minimum 5 years of projection/valuation responsibilities
- Ability to work well within a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills