Actuaries at National Lloyds play a key role in managing the financial results and direction of the company. You will be responsible for oversight of the pricing and product development process.
- Leads the development, implementation and oversight of actuarial best practices while working closely with partners in pricing, valuation, finance and corporate roles.
- Assists in the development of risk/return pricing standards and risk management methodologies based on actuarial and capital market/economic principles.
- Leads the review of new product strategies, GLM model development, design, pricing, and implementation.
- Drives process improvements and insight leadership from an actuarial perspective.
- Develops pricing indications so as to attain an underwriting profit. Prices alternative structures as needed.
- Clearly communicates pricing indications to underwriters/senior company management. Articulates information in a way that can be interpreted and understood at all levels
- Keeps supervisor informed of activities and situations which will impact the achievement of corporate and department goals and objectives.
- Performs other related duties as required to achieve the goals and objectives of the company and department.
- UndergraduateDegree or 4+ years of comparable work experience; education concentration in Actuarial Sciences is preferred.
- ACAS required, FCAS preferred
- 5-7+ years of increasing financial, product and management experience that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Experience and/or proficiency in pricing and/or risk management functions is preferred
- Understanding with base knowledge in complete range of actuarial functions, including but not limited to, reserving, pricing, business planning, financialreporting, management information, product development, reinsurance and database management
- Familiarity with the use of statistical modeling software (SAS, R, Emblem, etc.) highly desired. Programming and data manipulation skills a plus.
- Basic understanding of actuarial and other insurance related models (i.e. property CAT, ROE and RBC models)
- Strong understanding of insurance products and marketplace conditions and how they impact financial models and results
- Strong PC and technical skills - Excel, SAS, VBA, & PowerPoint; Sound understanding of databases and data extraction
- Crisp and confident communication of analysis, explaining complex technical information to a non-technical audience
- Strong relationship management skills.