Purpose of Job
IMPORTANT: Applicants – When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT USE ALL CAPS or any special characters. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.
Coordinates, prepares and performs actuarial analyses required to develop new products, project future results, re-price existing products, and/or determine financial strength for P&C personal lines. Under minimal supervision, performs complex work assignments and problem resolution.
We are currently seeking a talented Actuary for our San Antonio, TX facility, any Regional Office, or Remote.
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products, and processes.
- Utilizes advanced analytics for pricing, valuation, and/or risk management.
- Identifies data and requirements underlying the analyses.
- Develops sophisticated analytical solutions to achieve profitability and competitive goals.
- Influences and supports the implementation of these solutions.
- Identifies critical experience areas to monitor and suggest timely remedies to correct or prevent unfavorable trends. Identifies sources of gain and loss by product and assumption.
- Tests pricing assumptions and the appropriate premiums, interest margins, reserves, and cash values for new products.
- Provides insight to management on issues. Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of an unusual nature.
- Bachelor's degree (or 4 years work experience)
- 5+ years relevant business or analytical experience
- 5+ years actuarialexperience
- Expert knowledge of actuarial technique and procedures
- Expert knowledge of data analysis tools
- Expert knowledge of industry data sources
- Attainment of Associate (ACAS ) OR Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS).
- Experience developing predictive modeling and/or machine learning solutions for P&C personal lines pricing
- Strong SAS, R, or other programming skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, or related area
Business Acumen; Collaboration, Communication, Demonstrate Adaptability, Drive for Results, Innovation.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Job Number: R0009449