The Actuarial Developer will serve as a subject matter expert and liaison between our technical, actuarial, and business teams. This is a unique opportunity for candidates with a demonstrated track record as an actuary professional and who is looking to build upon their existing technology and development skills. The person in this role will be responsible for integrating and enhancing cloud-based software solutions and visualization tools by gathering requirements, proposing solutions and building actuarial models into production.
Candidates applying for this position must have experience working as an actuary in the life insurance industry. You must be able to demonstrate knowledge of life insurance and illustrations products, as well as tax compliance. This position will require you to develop a strong understanding of our illustration system technology.
- Analyze technical requirements to design, code, test, debug, and implement system changes or enhancements.
- Design internal business solutions to create or enhance integration of multiple proprietary systems used for plan administration, forecast or modeling.
- Apply understanding and experience with programming languages and visualization tools to design solutions for client-facing systems.
- Participate in QA related duties such as creating, performing and documenting effective unit tests.
- Track all enhancement, defect and project-related deliverables and documentation using JIRA/Confluence.
- Drive data-driven decision making by sharing technical or mathematical, system or product knowledge and data analysis with technical and non-technical teams (Analysts, Developers, Relationship Managers, Project Managers and Leadership).
- Participate in the development and updating of Actuarial modeling tools or techniques.
- Participate in on-call after hours beeper rotation after the training period and as assigned.
- Take initiative to continuously learn new products, changing regulation, and technology.
- 5+ years’ experience working with life insurance and illustrations products, preferably in a software testing or financial modeling capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field of study such as, mathematics, actuarial science, computer science or business-related field of study.
- Previous experience working in the Corporate Owned Life Insurance (COLI) market and understanding of Universal Life (UL), Variable Universal Life (VUL) and illustration products.
- Proficient user of Excel, VBA, and a commonly used programming language such as Python
- Proficiency with SQL for creating, retrieving, updating and delineating data.
- Familiar with Data Warehousing concepts and ETL process.
- Candidates who have passed the Life Contingencies exams are highly-desired.
Additional Position Information:
- Compensation and Benefits: This is a full-time (40-hours per week) exempt (salaried) position. The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. This position position is eligible for full-time benefits, including: Healthcare (medical, dental and vision), Two (2) Retirement Savings Plan – Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) with a fixed contribution and traditional 401(k) with an employer match up to 5%, Quarterly Bonuses, Annual Leave, Six (6) paid holidays, as well as a wide-variety of supplemental benefits such as, student loan pay-down assistance, continuing education assistance, professional development and much more.
- Location: This position is eligible to report to the Allentown, PA or Sarasota, Fl. office location with the potential for a hybrid or full-time remote work environment.
- Work and Environment and Physical Demands: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit/stand for long periods of time; routinely walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.