We’re changing how health insurance works by creating a healthcare experience that’s intuitive and puts people, not cost or workflows, first. We’re using a consumer-focused and tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in this space — and creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to deliver on our promise and to seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
As an Actuary II, you will join our Actuarial team and work directly with other actuaries, data scientists, insurance and tech professionals, in supporting our Medicare Advantage (MA) line of business. You will lead pieces of the actuarial work that enables our innovative model to succeed as we grow. We understand and value technology, so this can become a powerful part of your tool kit.
You will report into the Actuarial Director for Medicare Advantage.
- Own the actuarial viewpoint for Oscar as we rapidly grow in existing and new MA markets.
- Directs and provide leadership in MA actuarial functions, with an initial focus on the valuation and analytics function
- Develop and execute upon a strategic roadmap to build out a suite of analytical processes to support financial reporting, revenue analytics and experience monitoring
- Build and maintain risk score models, in collaboration with Data and Value Capture, to support accurate revenue forecasting, business operations and bids
- Present results of key analyses to senior management and enable an effective level of visibility into financial results to support analysis, reporting, and business outcomes
- Support growth of the team to accomplish the goals of the organization, which includes the recruiting, training and coaching of team members and ensuring that the team’s work complies with guidance from the applicable Actuarial Standards of Practice
- Promote and shape Oscar actuarial best practices with respect to automation and documentation
- Accountable for developing good relationships, rapport, and lines of communication with both internal and external stakeholders
- You're a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries
- You have 10+ years of relevant healthcare actuarial experience, preferably in Medicare Advantage
- You have a comprehensive knowledge of actuarial principles, including but not limited to pricing, valuation, modeling, and product development, particularly as they pertain to Medicare Advantage
- You have demonstrated the ability to navigate ambiguity to drive to outcomes, work with large datasets and distill analyses into actionable business insights
- You have a collaborative attitude to lead actuarial functions in highly cross-functional organizations
- Experience in SQL or Python is a plus
- You have a preference for working in a dynamic startup environment where each day offers new challenges.