Milliman, a premier consulting and actuarial firm, has an opening for a Consultant – Retiree Medical in our Employee Benefits Practice. Our client base includes significant public sector retiree medical work, so we have a much brighter future than most corporate-focused pension practices.
DUTIES, TASKS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and review client projects such as retiree medical valuations for funding and accounting purposes, plandesign, modeling and forecasting, etc.
- Understand and effectively communicate client issues, project implications, and potential solutions
- Effectively manage project staff, budgets, and deadlines
- Provide direction, training, and supervision to actuarial analysts
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Build personal expertise while becoming a resource for others within the practice
- Inspire a collaborative team environment
- Encourage growth in other members of the team through knowledge and idea sharing
- Add energy and insight to the practice
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Ten years of relevant retiree medical consulting experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of retiree medical plandesign and administration
- Creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, including client consulting, presentations, and publications
- Hands-on programming / technical / modeling abilities
- Project management and staff management experience
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIORS THAT SUPPORT SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE
- Thrives in the development and maintenance of client relationships
- Strong communication, collaboration, and analytical abilities
- Passion for developing innovative solutions to clients’ problems
- Highly motivated with ample initiative and strong work ethic
ADDITIONAL SKILLS A SIGNIFICANT PLUS
- ASA, FSA, and/or EA
- Experience with public plans
- Business development
OTHER POSITION INFORMATION
- This position is within Milliman’s Hartland Employee Benefits Practice, which has offices in Chicago, IL; Hartford, CT; Indianapolis, IN; Milwaukee, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Omaha, NE; and Vienna, VA.
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills, as well as significant bonus potential, generous 401(k) match and profit sharing contributions, and flexible working conditions.
Application: Candidates who upload a resume and cover letter will be given first consideration.
Salary: The salary for this position is commensurate with experience and skills.