Prepares rate change indications using generally accepted actuarial methods. Prepares property and casualty rate filings ready for the Coordinator of Insurance Department Affairs to file. Participates in the development of improved ratemaking procedures for existing products and develops ratemaking procedures for new products. Assists in the development and the maintenance of ratemaking information systems and property and casualty rating systems. Prepares data as directed for external parties usage. Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.Starting salary range: $58,015.00 - $75,420.00 annually, apply by11/15/17.
- Prepare rate change indications using generally accepted actuarial methods.
- Prepare rate adjustment recommendations and/or review rate adjustment recommendations produced by rate analysts.
- Prepare property and casualty rate filings in their entirety for filing by the Coordinator of Insurance Department Affairs.
- Assist the Property & Casualty Actuary with the development and submission of statistical filings to states and statistical agencies.
- Assist the Property & Casualty Actuary with the preparation of the loss reserve opinions submitted with Annual Statements.
- Participate in development and maintenance of the Actuarial information data systems.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the Ratabase system.
- Enhance actuarial expertise by successfully completing Casualty Actuarial Society exams.
- Excellent ability in the use of advanced mathematics, probability and statistics.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and work well withothers.
- College degree in the fields of Mathematics and/or Statistics.
- Potential for success on the Casualty Actuarial Society exams, preferably with completion of at least one CAS Exam.
- Experiencewith PC programming and the use of data analysis tools.
- SAS experiencepreferable.
- One to two years experience in the property/casualty insurance industry involving exposure to ratemaking activities.
- Responsible for the completeness and accuracy of rate indications and rate adjustment recommendations.
- Accountable for ensuring that the ratemaking information system and the policy rating system meet the needs of the Companies.
- Responsible for maintaining and up to date knowledge of generally accepted actuarial ratemaking methods and developing expertise with new technologies or methodologies as they emerge.
- Accountable for excellent time management and ability to multitask effectively.
Job Type: Full-time
- SAS: 1year
- Actuarial: 1year
- P&C Industry: 1year