A position with Consulate Health Care means more than just a paycheck. We believe in creating a positive environment that reinforces your efforts to succeed and supports your long-term career development. We offer the opportunity to work with large corporation, but with the benefit of a small company feel!
Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of the Director of Therapeutic and Recreational Services ("Activity Director") position is to:
- Plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Activity Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Executive Director, to ensure that an on-going program of activities is designed to meet, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, the interests and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident.
- As a Consulate Health Care Director of Therapeutic and Recreational Services you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors, and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care's five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect, and Passion.
- You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Embrace the Consulate Health Care's five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion, and incorporate them into daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interactions with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each resident's recreational needs.
- Develop and implement treatment plans addressing therapeutic recreation programs to meet psychological, physical, and social needs of residents.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines of Consulate Health Care.
- Attend and participate in team conferences regarding resident progress, problems, and needs.
- Recruit and hire a sufficient number of qualified recreation staff to deliver appropriate resident care.
- Provide supervision for assigned staff, including performance evaluations and problem solving.
- Maintain accurate employee records.
- Maintain and guide the implementation of current policies and procedures, which reflect adherence to corporate and external regulatory guidelines.
- Assist in developing a budget for recreation services and ensure adherence to established budget.
- Meet regularly with direct report staff to provide supervision and ensure open communication.
- Collaborate with various departments to provide positive interdepartmental relations.
- Promote the programs and service of Consulate Health Care through formal and informal interactions with the community.
- Arrange for recreation activities outside the facility, as needed.
- Develop and supervise an active volunteer program.
- Participate in and /or provide in-service education sessions.
- Participate in the quality improvement process of the facility.
- Attend and participate in department/facility meeting, as required.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities to maintain current competency.
- Provide supervision to therapeutic recreation students assigned through cooperative agreements with local colleges/universities.
- Ensure services cover evening and weekend programming.
- May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care Liaison duties as needed.
Education and Experience
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Bachelor's Degree in therapeutic recreation or equivalent training/experience.
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years experience in therapeutic recreation. Supervision, training and/or experience in a setting serving
- the same age/type of resident served by this facility. A minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Must possess the demonstrated ability to assess resident therapeutic recreation needs and develop and implement a program to meet those needs.
- Must possess a working knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements.