The Activities Director is responsible for organizing social activities, both in and out of the community; providing residents with an interesting, stimulating and a varied calendar of events designed to meet the many social and emotional needs of all residents.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Maintain activity and social profile assessments for each resident in the community.
- Leadership and direction to staff in assisting in activities throughout the day and ensuring they have the necessary supplies.
- Keep and updated file system on entertainment, guest speakers, volunteer program, resident and staff birthdays in a 12-month binder.
- Actively promote participation in all social activities to all residents with expected attendance participation.
- Maintain and create community activity calendar, newsletter and activity fliers.
- Plan activities, community events, Monthly Calendar and Newsletters.
Top Reasons to Work for Bonaventure:
- Competitive salary
- 401K program
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation time off
- Education reimbursement
- Excellent team environment
We are a fast paced, socially diverse organization. We pride ourselves on our services and culture.
Qualifications for this Position:
- Well organized, creative and adaptive to changing priorities.
- Relate to seniors in a courteous, understanding and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrate and implement Creative and artistic ideas, events, and interactions.
- Computer skills required: Word, Excel, Publisher or PowerPoint
- CPR & First Aid, State Food Handler's certificate.
- Clean driving record & able to complete chauffeur's credentials.