Job Title: Active Directory Specialist - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Albany, NY
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- The Infrastructure Core Services Specialist II will report to the Sr. Manager Infrastructure Core Services and under general direction will formulate and define specifications for complex operating system software, applications or modify/maintain complex existing system applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
- Manage Enterprise Active Directory Infrastructure
- Develop and maintain AD Forrest, Domains, and supporting systems including PKI certificate infrastructure
- Maintain AD security posture, address security gaps, and recommend and implement AD best practiceUnder general direction, formulate and define specifications for complex operating system software, applications or modify/maintain complex existing system applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
- Responsible for system applications dealing with the overall operating systems and technically sophisticated network connectivity configurations that support server communication and data transfer to central storage devices.
- Responsibility for the evaluation of new and existing system products.
- Coordinate routine hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Ensure server data integrity by evaluating and recommending, implementing appropriate software and hardware solutions
- Develop media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
- Develop technical documentation and standard operating procedure manuals and documentations
- May assist other junior Infrastructure Core Services Specialists to effectively utilize the system's technical software
- Design, develop, procure, install, and maintain the company?s operating and infrastructure systems
- System-wide responsibility on complex projects and components.
- Participate in Help Desk/Call Center functions as required.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level on all phases of operating software systems.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to details and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build successful relationships across a wide range of IT teams, business unit leads and senior management
- Ability to work in stressful situations and to remain calm and professional to clearly recommend and provide solutions.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure service and operation best practices, Disaster Recovery Co-Lo and Managed Services
- Ability to interact with peers and management to help the implementation of technology solutions to meet business needs.
- Knowledge Disaster Recovery (processes and procedure) Co-Lo and Managed Services
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft clustering technologies
- Solid experience in Infrastructure systems (Servers, network switching...)
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
Must have 9 years of experience managing all aspects of Active Directory as follows:
- Server Operating Systems support and troubleshooting
- Active Directory Design, Architecture, Build and Implementation
- FSMO Roles
- Domain Trust
- Sites and Services
- Group Policy
- ADFS & SSO
Working knowledge of the following technologies:
- Redundancy Server configurations to maximize availability, reliability and performance:
- Windows Load Balancer
- Windows Cluster
- Data Center Environmental equipment such as HVAC, and UPS
Data Backup Technologies:
- Disaster Recovery Co-Lo and Managed Services
E-Mail and messaging:
- Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Office 365
Virtual Server Technology:
Network protocols and equipment:
- CISCO Switches
- Networkarchitecture? both wired and wireless
Storage Area Networks and the networks supporting them:
- Hitachi Data Systems
- Bachelor's Degree in a computer science, engineering, or related technical or business discipline
- Minimum 9years quality experience.
- Minimum of 12years of directly related experience for non-degree holders including at least 7years in a system administrator capacity)
- Electric Utility industry experiencepreferred