Active Directory Architect
Active Directory Architect
Fort Belvoir, VA
Top Secret Clearance Required
Talent Orchard has been retained by DEI as their outsourced recruiting organization to manage their hiring process and we are seeking an Active Directory Architect with an active Top Secret Clearance to join an exciting program in Fort Belvoir, VA, in support of Active Directory Design/Build for a multi-discipline engineering team.
- Serve as the lead Active Directory Architect for a 4000+ user active directory environment, utilizing Server 2012r2 and 2016 Core operating systems.
- Plan, support, implement and document an Engineering solution to migrate from a multi-tiered 2012r2 forest to a Flat 2016 Core based design.
- Will be tasked with working with all IT support teams to ensure that requirements are accurately identified and executed in a delivered solution.
- Will serve as the Subject Matter Expert for junior staff, developing skillsets within the operations team to facilitate a complete transition to them for day to day operations, while continuing to serve as the Tier 4 escalation point.
- Will also oversee updates to the Disaster recovery and Continuity of Operations Plan as required by new implementations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology Discipline
- 10+ years’ experiencesupporting Microsoft Windows servers
- 9+ years’ supporting Active Directory environments
- US Citizen with Active Top Secret Clearance
- Certification Required: Security+ (OR) CISSP
- MCSE or the equivalent Professional level Microsoft Certification
- Advanced level understanding of Microsoft Server 2012r2 and 2016 Active Directory deployments
- Specific understanding deploying Active Directory utilizing the Server Core deployment, with ability to support it as such utilizing Microsoft provided toolsets
- Experience using the Quest ARS AD management tool to extend AD Schema and manage AD accounts for users and groups
- Experience working in a multi forest AD environment supporting Administrative, user, and resource Directory workflows
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to be able to effectively document solutions and obtain requirements from customers
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Expert level understanding of AD integrated DNS, and associated impacts on other connected systems
- Extensive PowerShell scripting expertise, to automate workflows and collection of data
- Expert level understanding of Sites and Services boundaries, impact of latency in multisite deployments, and troubleshooting replication issues across WAN links
- Working knowledge of L2/L3network concepts to assist in the development of a complete Directory solution
- Extensive background securing AD in accordance with DoD STIG requirements
- Master’s Degree in an Information Technology Discipline
- ITIL v3 Foundations certification
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.