Sr. Active Directory Administrator
· The Sr. Active Directory Administrator manages access requests, Group Policy requests, DNS and DHCP requests, as well as implementing new and updated Active Directory policies and infrastructure. This posting works with the IT Operations Manager and Infrastructure Architect ensuring the resources and services being run within the Active Directory group are well maintained. This position maintains the Group Policy infrastructure based on the policies and guidelines provided; maintains the DNS service based on the policies and guidelines provided; and maintains the DHCP service based on the policies and guidelines provided.
· The Sr. Active Directory Administrator helps implement new projects as needed; helps answer Service Desk requests and incidents as needed; helps maintain acceptable performance on the Active Directory services; and troubleshoots issues with Active Directory objects, replication, and services.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
· Active Directory Design
· Active Directory Replication
· Active Directory Maintenance and Troubleshooting
· Azure Active Directory
· Group Policy Management
· Group Policy Design and Structuring
· Group Policy Troubleshooting
· DNS Server Management
· DNS Zone Design
· DNS Server Troubleshooting
· DHCP Server Design and Maintenance
· PKI and Certificate Server Design and Maintenance
· IP Address Management
· Access Control Design
· PowerShell Scripting
· ITIL Foundations and MOF Guidelines
Skills and Competencies
· Creating and configuring the logical and physical Active Directory structures.
· Creating and configuring Active Directory sites and site-links
· Creating and managing role-based access controls
· Creating and designing Active Directory group infrastructure for access control
· Creating and configuring DHCP Scopes, Options, and Registrations
· Configuring DNS Server settings
· Create PowerShell Script
· Analyzing existing services and comprehending the planning for needed improvements
· Analyzing existing performance trends and recommending adjustments or changes
· Analyzing audit and security information
· Implementing software patches, security fixes, and tests and validates modified system configurations
· Ensuring compliance with standards for systems software and documentation
· Monitoring system reliability and availability.
· Communicate effectively (in oral and written form) with a variety of individuals; author design documents with the assistance of a project leader; work well within small and large team environments; and analyze problems and resolve issues with both short-term workarounds and long-term solutions.
Ideal/Preferred Candidate will have experience in the following:
· 2-3 years' experience managing Active Directory in a large (5000+) user environment
· 2-3 years' experience managing DHCP servers in a large (300+ subnet) environment
· 2-3 years' experience managing DNS servers in a large environment
· 2-3 years' experience managing a PKI and certificates
· 2-3 years' experience managing and designing Group Policy in a large (100+ policy) environment
· 3+ years of experienceworking with Windows2008 and 2008 R2 Server in mixed environments
· 2+ years of experienceworking with Windows2012 and 2012 R2 Server in mixed environments
· In depth knowledge of how to work within the Active Directory database for database maintenance, recovery and troubleshooting
· In depth knowledge of multi-forest management within Active Directory as well as dealing with one-way and two-way trust relationships and ADFS
· In depth knowledge of Active Directory re-structuring and object migration
· In depth knowledge of Group Policy design, management, and troubleshooting
· In depth knowledge of Active Directory replication topologies including Sites, Site-Links, and Bridgehead Servers
· In depth knowledge of DNS Server management including DNS zone migration, design, and configuration
· In depth knowledge of DHCP Server management and IP address management
· Proficiency in scripting. PowerShell, VBScript, etc.
· Strong hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure
· Is aware of, and works within, the ITIL and MOF guidelines of IT service and process management
· Current Microsoft Certifications, MCSA, MCITP or MCSE.