Acquisitions / Procurement / Contracts Specialist
ACQUISITIONS/PROCUREMENT and CONTRACTS SPECIALIST (PMDCATS-17-0991-F):
Bowhead seeks an ACQUISITIONS/PROCUREMENT and CONTRACTS SPECIALIST to support PM DCATS at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. The Contracts Specialist performs market research and assists with preparation and review of Acquisition Requirements Package (ARP) documents, i.e., market research report, Performance Work Statement (PWS), Statement of Objectives (SOO), Statement of Work (SOW), Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE), Service Contract Approval Request (SCAR) documentation.
The Contracts Specialist is familiar with pre-award and post-award procedures necessary to plan and conduct the contracting process from the description of the requirements through contract delivery and provides expertise in contracting fundamentals, legal considerations, overhead management, contract pricing and source selection planning, tracking and execution support for the Product Lead Defense-Wide Transmission Systems (PL DWTS) and Product Lead Wideband Enterprise Satellite System (PL WESS).
Other Essential Functions Include:
• Provide expertise in cost/pricing; projected cost for IGCE formulation
• Support integration efforts with othercontracting personnel to identify and resolve problems
• Coordinate and prepare all contract-related documents, review the contractlanguage for relevancy and appropriateness, make recommendations to PL/PO regarding contracting strategies, as required
• Participate in IPTs or other mechanisms for collecting comments and revisions
• Maintain detailed change records, version control and master library of documents including signed and/or approved documents
• Provide support in the areas of contract monitoring, tracking, suspenses, current contracting processes and procedures, recommend improvements, develop briefings, research and provide contract policy guidance and regulations
• Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Business Administration, Management or other related field.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ contracts/acquisition experience commensurate with the level of effort listed above.
• PM DCATS experience highly desired.
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold an active clearance at the Secret level is required. US Citizenship is a requirement for this location.