Essential Job Functions
- Develop and maintain financial models to support investment decisions, following group guidelines. Maintain responsibility for the accuracy and correct incorporation of relevant inputs to such models. Propose and implement relevant sensitivity analysis for investment files.
- Ensure compliance with investment guidelines and methodology, including adherence to global AIFA procedures.
- Develop, analyze, evaluate and recommend financial options and proposals as they relate to a business development project or other funding needs.
- Advise internal stakeholders in understanding appropriate risk allocation, bankability of terms and conditions of various project contracts and provide general structuring advice and optimization of returns throughout the business development process.
- Assist the business development decision making process.
- Support internal approvals process for new economic commitments and associated financing arrangements.
- Support the structuring, negotiation and execution of financing documents for medium to large size transactions, in accordance with best project finance practices of the ENGIE group.
- Develop presentations for lender and management updates/discussions.
- Identify main project economic and financialrisks and advise on the appropriate mitigation factors and definition of appropriate contingencies.
- Support the valuation of existing assets as part of annual asset impairment testing.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- Proven flexible team player who works well with others
- Commercial acumen with good understanding of accounting topics and tax structures
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of the key aspects of project finance and M&A transactions, including exposure to structuring and closing transactions.
- Ability to multitask and to work effectively under pressure
- Behavioral capabilities: self-motivated, problem solving, strong personality and leadership, common sense, and sense of humor
- Outstanding analytical skills and demonstrated expertise in developing and utilizing detailed, Excel-based, financial models
- Experience supporting the valuation and / or financing of utility scale wind and solar projects in the US market
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment with non-flexible deadlines and possibly calls outside of traditional US business hours.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
- Could involve some lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Five to seven years of experience conducting energy industry M&A and project finance transactions at an investment bank, private equity fund or strategic energy company.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired with Finance or Economics major, professional qualification such as CFA, CIMA, ACA, ACCA (or equivalent) or MBA preferred.
- CFA progress or aspiration is a plus.
- Experience supporting the valuation and financing efforts for a bid, supporting a project financing to financial close and / or supporting an M&A transaction to close.