If you said yes to any of these questions, we have an exciting opportunity for you! We are seeking an Acquisition Specialist with 8+ Years in Federal, DoD acquisition and/or contracting for our DoD customer located in Fort Meade, MD.
Responsibilities are but not limited to;
- Apply knowledge of DoD Acquisition processes and analytical methods or techniques to gather, analyze and evaluate information required by program/project managers and customers.
- Provide extensive acquisition expertise and services in the area of acquisition and operational planning, system architecture, technical and financial management. Accountable for major and complicated projects throughout the project life-cycle.
- Draw conclusions and recommend solutions to solve problems related to configuration management, resource management (e.g., facility, testing, financial, logistical, technical, expert availability), test and deployment, and quality assurance (QA) in achieving schedule milestones, (risks, issues, slack, dependencies) and/or technical milestones (e.g., Intermediate Operating Capability (IOC); Full Operational Capability (FOC); Test Readiness Levels and Gate Reviews, etc.; patches and security releases; Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) for test findings to ensure remedial action satisfies DoD and Joint Interoperability governance.
- Develop and draft acquisition documents ensuring quality control, DoD or Agency Templates and Appendices are followed.
- Liaison with Program Managers and technical engineering, and/or IT Government personnel to develop and track document progress and appropriate review for achieving the highest quality product as legacy artifacts.
- Oversee the development and drafting of less complex documentation produced by subordinate Vendor employees and/or review technical writing of others to ensure acquisition and contracting governance are applied.
- Ability to work independently to formulate creative and innovative solutions.
- Active or interim Secret clearance
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably with a concentration of academically related courses (e.g., Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, etc.) or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides required skills and abilities.
- Program Management Certification (e.g., PMP) is strongly desired but not required.
- 8+ Years in Federal, DoD acquisition and/or contracting