Acoustic Signal Processing Engineer
- Job Number: 112966809
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 01-Sep-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
The IMG Audio team is looking for engineers with a deep technical background in audio & acoustic signal processing to contribute to future features for ARKit and spatial audio. The ideal candidate will have a research background in spatial audio (crosstalk cancellation, binaural headphone rendering, upmixing, HOA, WFS, VBAP) and multi-microphone signal processing (beamforming, source separation, dereverberation, source localization and tracking), working knowledge of machine learning techniques for audio analysis, and prior experience with product. This position can be located in Culver City or Cupertino, Ca.
- Prior research experience in acoustic algorithm development (patents, papers, etc.)
- Specific experience with multi-microphone algorithm development
- Specific experience with spatial audio algorithm development
- Working knowledge of physical acoustics and psychoacoustics
- Working knowledge of machine learning for audio (Keras, TensorFlow, etc.)
- Familiarity with common software engineering practices and version control
- Experience developing for iOS or in developing Audio Units a plus
- Fluency in C, C++, MATLAB, and Python
The Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides audio, video, and graphics support across all of Apple’s products, including iPhone, iPad, HomePod, AirPods, Apple TV, iMacs, and MacBooks. The work done in IMG Audio directly impacts the end user experience through high profile features such as FaceTime, Siri, music playback, audio/video capture, and game audio. The primary role of this position will be to work on spatial audio and multi-microphone algorithms to support future features in ARKit. This includes algorithm conceptualization through productization, offering a tremendous opportunity to make a large impact on Apple’s hugely popular devices.
PhD in CS or EE