$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
ASRC Construction is recruiting for a Senior Estimator to join it Anchorage AK team. The Senior Estimator is responsible for identifying bid opportunities, submitting bids/proposals and participating in business development and growth strategy execution across the industries served by ASRC Construction and its subsidiaries across a wide range of market sectors including buildings, civil, infrastructure and modular.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (and other duties as assigned)
1. Effectively develop and implement bid and proposal strategies required to achieve the copmany's growth objectives across a diverse group of building, civil, infrastructure and modular projects.
2. Manage the bid/proposal estimate process from initial identification to submission, including obtaining RFP's and solicitations, organizing and managing documents, preparing takeoffs and cost estimates, soliciting and qualifying subcontractors/vendors/suppliers and providing technical/scheduling input.
3. Prepare and present for review all final estimate packages to insure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal submittal.
4. Participate in presentations to corporate management and clients. May be responsible for assisting with negotiations and/or assisting with contract terms and conditions.
5. Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, value engineering proposals and change orders.
6. May assist in the preparation of studies, materials and methods, recommendations, and cost estimates for conceptual or future projects.
7. May assist in capabilities presentations or oral interviews with potential clients/customers.
8. Manage and administer department functions including operating budgets, staffing, wage reviews, work assignments, performance evaluations, etc.
9. Maintain a professional level of confidentiality in handling company matters and protect the integrity of cost estimates and other related proprietary information used in the preparation of bids/proposals.
10. Perform other duties as assigned
11. Possess a strong knowledge, understanding, and sensitivity to the Inupiat culture
12. Ability and willingness to abide by ACHC code of conduct, policies and procedures
13. Comply, understand, and support ACHC safety culture to ensure a safe work environment
Carry out managerial responsibilities, which include: interviewing, hiring, disciplining, coaching and training, addressing and resolving employee concerns, planning, assigning, directing work and assessing job performance
LEADERSHIP COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS FOR MANAGER OF MANAGERS LEVEL
ASRC's Core competencies include Leading Self, Leading People and Leading the Organization. In addition to our core competency model, competencies specific to this position include:
Creates focus by spending their time, and the time of others, on what's important.
Uses resources effectively and efficiently to get things done.
Creates an environment where people want to do their best. Makes each individual feel their work is important and can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team members.
Building Effective Teams
Blends people into teams and creates a feeling of belonging in the team. Helps define success in terms of the whole team sharing wins and successes.
Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field or equivalent experience.
2. Seven to 10 years' experience in estimating or construction management and related functions.
3. Extensive experience with concrete, structural systems (conventional steel and pre-engineered buildings), framing (metal and wood), doors/hardware, finishes and other speciality systems is required.
4. Management experience including organizational skills, supervisory responsibilities and decision making problem solving skills is preferred.
5. Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc), WinEst, BlueBeam and Primavera P6 is preferred.
6. Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information
Must be able to read, write, and speak English
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and procedure manuals
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, customers, and in public settings
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
Frequently required to speak and hear
Frequently stand, walk, sit and reach with arms and hands, use hands and fingers to handle and feel
Occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance
Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Vision abilities include: close\distance focus, color\peripheral vision, and depth perception
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is in a busy office setting with offices and cubicles
The noise level is usually moderate
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
Maybe required to travel in small and large commercial aircraft to rural communities in Alaska and the Lower 48
Valid Through: 2019-11-4