Merit Health Biloxi is a 198 bed, acute care hospital located in the Vieux Marche' area of downtown Biloxi. The six-story facility provides a broad scope of advanced medical technology and services - with 45 beds dedicated to psychiatric services. Facility features include all private rooms with baths, 24-hour emergency department, MRI, automated registration process and specialized patient-oriented programs with emphasis on senior citizens, women's and children's healthcare and oncology.
As a member of the Hospital's senior management team, the Assistant Chief Executive Officer (ACEO) will participate in operational decision-making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the hospital's mission in addition to maintaining an awareness of changes in healthcare matters that could have an impact on the success of the hospital.
The responsibilities of the ACEO include, but are not limited to:
- Completion of specific administrative projects, certain assigned functions and departments as assigned by key hospital management
- Assisting with or fully coordinating facility and program planning budget preparation, administering hospital policy formulation
- Representing the hospital at various professional, civic and governmental organizations and meetings.
- Partnering with physicians who use, or will use, the hospital; taking a role in the recruiting and retention of physicians
- Working with the Chief Executive Officer to ensure the hospital meets necessary regulatory and compliance approvals and quality accreditations in conjunction with the hospital's Chief Nursing Officer
- Working with the Chief Executive Officer to create an environment that will encourage the recruiting and retention of qualified hospital employees
- Analyzing areas in planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities
- Assisting in planning of new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue
- Assisting in managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs in conjunction with the hospital's financial and nursing officers
- Participating in the hospital's monthly operation reviews as well as participating in corporate office meetings as deemed necessary
This position reports directly to the CEO and in the absence of the CEO, the ACEO may be required to interpret hospital policy and provide guidance.