You will work as part of a team, building and managing long-term customer relationships/partnerships with assigned accounts. With responsibility for fostering customer satisfaction and loyalty while working in conjunction with operations partners, you will work to position renewable service agreements as a foundation of managed account relationships. While executing the sales process you will at the same time be cultivating and managing long-term relationships, seeking out, qualifying and closing new sales opportunities.
In this role, you will:
• Actively participate on select key and target customer account teams.
• Sell, with minimal supervision, the Johnson Controls offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to building owners at the D-level while reaching optimal profit levels.
• Manage multiple, ongoing, opportunities, working to sell, renew and expand renewable service agreements, including multi-year agreements, to both new and existing customers.
• Build partnering relationships owners and/or owner representatives responsible for the decision-making process.
• Seek out, target and initiate contact with multiple prospective customers in alignment with JCI strategy; develop and maintain a network of industry contacts.
• Share technical knowledge and business expertise with customer to optimize the solution to customer’s operational needs; assess customer's operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements.
• Create competitive, high quality and timely estimates, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis; effectively write, and present proposals; negotiate value, address resistance, and close the sale.
• Utilizes applicable sales tools to effectively to plan and document progress, as well as increase business opportunity in accounts.
• Act as customer’s advocate in interactions with JCI, ensuring customer obtains the best value from Johnson Controls offerings; set appropriate customer expectations with regard to JCI offerings.
• Participate in final project inspection; ensure customer is trained and oriented to system operation and the value of services delivered.
You take pride in your ability to maintain high levels of quality, service and productivity. You have a knack for solving complex problems in a manner that is imaginative, thorough and practical. Customer service is your priority.
• University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 6 years minimum experience.
• Bachelor’s in business, engineering, or related discipline; MBA preferred.
• 5 years progressively-responsible field sales experience; 3 years selling HVAC or building automation systems.
• Demonstrated commitment to integrity and quality in business.
• Strong interpersonal communication and collaborative skills.
• Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels.