Under the general supervision of the AR Manager, is responsible for the day to day activities related to resolution of patient accounts from our 1st party collection team. This requires: Research and timely actions and the ability to focus on identification of trending variance activities for resolution.
- Works on accounts in assigned work que both expediently and thoroughly to expedite payment and final disposition of account.
- Records and maintains complete and accurate documentation of all activity performed pertaining to any efforts made to resolve the account
- Use customer service and negotiation skills in order to help resolve unpaid medical bills by working with patients to help them understand their charges, address questions, remedy disputes and negotiate payments if applicable
- Verifies updated patient information and benefits obtained from 1st party collection team
- Files primary and 2nd insurance claims as needed
- Drives inquiries from 1st party collection team towards resolution
- Informs management of operational issues impeding performance or customer satisfaction including but not limited to those impacting the customer, client, or the company
- Assists with related special projects as required
- Perform other duties assigned by the manager
- 5 + years of patient and insurance collection experience
- Must be able to read and understand different explanation of benefits (EOBs)
- Strong knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care and Commercial Plans
- Experience in insurance verification
- Experience in claim filing
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Ability to be well organized, detail-oriented, in a fast paced environment
- Ability to think critically and identify the global impact across the revenue cycle with a solution oriented approach
- Knowledge of Centricity
- Basic knowledge of clinical terminology, ICD-10 and CPT codes
- Understands external rules and regulations as they relate to healthcare billing and collections
- Proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer.
Requisition ID : 1375