Accounts Receivables Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Staffing & Recruiting
Leads the daily accounts receivable compilation, analysis and reconciliation. Provides oversight and supervision over departmental workloads regarding AR recording, posting and reconciliation across Great Plains, Process Logic and Beltek systems.
Five Primary Responsibilities
- Oversees the recording and reconciling of all daily collections from drivers, sales reps, Will Call transactions and all other Incoming Receivable amounts by the AR team.
- Ensures that incoming items are properly and timely posted and applied to customer accounts
- Ensures that all credits are properly documented and processed in a timely and accurate manner to all customer accounts
- Provides first line supervision/ oversight to AR team members regarding daily job functions / responsibilities
- Serves as primary departmental contact with Internal (Sales, Delivery, Will Call, etc.…) and External (customers) contacts.
- Oversee the daily reconciliation of all transaction activity conducted at the Will Call area on a next business day basis. Follow-up immediately on all noted discrepancies and communicate unresolved problems to appropriate management on a nightly basis.
- Lead the AR team review and reconciliation of all driver and sales rep collections. Follow-up immediately on all noted discrepancies and communicate unresolved problems to appropriate management on a nightly basis.
- Oversee the daily AR balancing and application of payments and credits to customer accounts.
- Provide guidance and direction to AR team members on handling the day to day workload and meeting responsibilities within established deadlines.
- Determine staffing requirements/assignments based on daily workloads and available resources.
- Coordinate all discrepancy follow-up actions with appropriate departmental managers.
- Teach / Cross train AR team members on multiple departmental Duties and responsibilities
- Document all daily transactions/ activities of reach AR position.
- Provide daily supervision to the AR team members
- Address inquiries from internal and external customers in a prompt and effective manner
- Responsible for complying to all Safe Quality Food (SQF) polices/procedures and requirements for position.
- Follow sanitation procedures, and quality procedures as set forth by QA and/or supervisors.
- Accuracy of accounts receivable balances
- Collections – Goal of no accounts past 60 days
- Clarification and timely resolution of discrepancies
- Timeliness of payment and credit application to customer accounts
- Preparing effective reports
Key Internal Interface
- Sales Reps
- Other accounting staff / collections staff
- Skilled in Excel and MSWord
- Preferably knows Great Plains accounting software
- Effective communicator; approaches others in a personable manner, to clarify information and resolve discrepancies
- Effective telephone skills to properly respond to customer calls
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Accounts receivable experience5+ years
- Demonstrated ability to work extensively with internal customers across departmental boundaries
- Demonstrated skill to teach and provide guidance to other staff members
- Experience in a setting involving physical products, warehouse, delivery drivers, cash transactions, etc. is preferred