5 - 7 years experience • Consulting
Minimum requirements for position:
• 5+ years’ experience in Accounting.
• 5+ years’ experience in Government Contracts, with emphasis in Accounts Receivable.
• 2+ years’ experience in Deltek CostPoint accounts receivable, project set up, bank reconciliation and cash management.
• High school diploma or equivalent (Required)
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (desired)
• Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, e-mail; able to learn to use Adobe Acrobat, and EchoSign software.
• Must be proficient in Deltek CostPoint accounts receivable, project set up, bank reconciliation, and cash management.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Ability to learn new processes, procedures, programs and software quickly, accurately and efficiently.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to handle a variety of tasks.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Strongly self-motivated.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion. Problem solving skills with an ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
• Must be able to understand, review and submit reports, and work effectively with a broad range of people with a wide variety of skills and experience.
• Must possess excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate staff and communicate clearly.
• Must present professional demeanor and possess excellent skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work without supervision.
This position is responsible for managing the Accounts Receivable function and maintaining contract files for the company.
1. Creates invoices, includes gathering supporting documentation for submission (gathering of support may be performed by Accounts Payable).
2. Establishes and maintains contract files.
3. Generates new and updated Monthly Financial Reports (MFRs) until Deltek is implemented.
4. Develops and/or recommends changes to contracts, accounting policies and processes in order to improve efficiencies and to align them with DCAA expectations.
5. Reviews FAR and DFAR requirements for compliance.
6. Prepares the annual Incurred Cost Submission report.
7. Bank account reconciliation.
8. Maintain Backlog Report.
9. Reconcile unbilled account.
10. Answers phone.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.