Accounts Receivable Specialist
The AR Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of the accounts receivable functions. The AR Specialist is charged with the proper invoicing, collection of accounts receivable and resolving issues arising in the AR department.
The ideal candidate will have an accounting background with a strong understanding of the billings and collections function. The candidate for this role is a person that solve problems, functions well in a fast-paced environment and is constantly looking to improve business processes. This person will also have a great, outgoing personality, self-starter, and someone who takes ownership.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage accounts receivables and billing for the company to ensure timely processing of all A/R transactions
- Responsible for collections of all Accounts Receivable, and tracking of A/R Aging
- Resolve issues related to incorrect billings and any disputes raised by the customer
- Ensure all receivables are collected promptly and applied to customer accounts accurately
- Reviews status of delinquent accounts and initiate collection activity
- Research and resolve disputed delinquent account balances
- Update and refine an accurate monthly and quarterly collections forecast
- Meet monthly collections & DSO goals
- Manage and maintain positive relations with customers
- Responsible for calculation of AR Allowance
- Work closely with other departments and groups to resolve issues and exceed client service expectations
- Correct any errors, including misapplied payments, billing errors and shipping errors
- Responsible for customer requests for correspondence including copies of statements, invoices and credit memos
- Maintain accurate customer files, keep track of name changes, address changes and mailing attention for all accounts
- Responsible for documenting all correspondence with customers to Netsuite's customer notes
- Provide weekly reports and ad-hoc analysis for management
- Demonstrate problem-solving, analytical and process improvement skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and with customers
- The work ethic that exudes integrity, accountability, and professionalism
- High attention to detail
- Proficiency in NetSuite, Salesforce and Microsoft Office (Excel and Word), including proficiency in v-lookups and pivot tables
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum 5-7 years of billings and collections experience
- Requires the ability to multi-task, manage time, and work well under pressure.
- Must be able to work extended hours during critical times as needed.
- Self-motivated and able to contribute individually and as a team, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task, as well as prioritize and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills required.