Job Summary: We are currently seeking an exceptional candidate to be part of the U.S. Accounting team at Tempur Sealy. The Manager, Direct Receivables will primarily be focused on Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) accounts receivable duties. This role will represent the Accounts Receivable leadership team as the direct channel subject matter expert, which will require development of collaborative relationships with the channel operations leadership team, partnership with the channel finance support team, and development of strong channel acumen and understanding of their strategic initiatives.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
- Manage department operations to ensure the DTC accounts receivable functions are being performed in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Manage the DTC accounts receivable staff including feedback and developmental discussions.
- Develop and maintain DTC accounts receivable reports through AX Dynamics to monitor customer balances and payment trends.
- Partner with Key Personnel on new business initiatives to ensure invoicing and receivables management procedures are met within established parameters.
- Assist in implementing DTC accounts receivable automation projects to promote efficiencies and reduce manual transactions.
- Handle consumer escalations when required, balancing the need to fulfill fiduciary responsibilities while providing top-notch customer service to consumers. Escalate more serious collection issues and account balances to the Director, AR and AP.
- Support monthly accounting close cycles and ensure internal and external reporting deadlines are met; includes real-time analysis and review, as well as supporting close and financial reporting reviews following close.
- Directly support quarterly and annual audits; ensure timelines are met; review all audit schedules prepared; communicate internal controls/procedures to internal/external auditors.
- Ensure compliance with established and published SOX requirements and make recommendations to improve the internal control structure as necessary.
- Identify DTC accounts receivable issues and work with appropriate departments to resolve.
- Assist with implementation and testing of new programs, processes, and upgrades as necessary.
- Perform backup functions for accounts receivable daily responsibilities and tasks.
- Complete special projects as required.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
One Office Parkway, Trinity, North Carolina 27370
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex and diverse information
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Interpersonal Skills - Communicates and coordinates effectively
- Written Communication - Presents numerical data effectively
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; supports everyone's efforts to succeed
- Business Acumen - Displays orientation to profitability; understands team’s role in broader organization; develops relationships with key business partners
- Cost Consciousness - Develops and implements cost saving measures
- Ethics - Keeps commitments
- Organizational Support - Completes administrative tasks correctly and timely; supports organization's goals and values
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities for self and team
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner
- Dependability - Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Reasoning Skills - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills - Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office. Advanced Microsoft Excel experience preferred. Dynamics AX knowledge a plus.
Internal and External Interfaces:
Member of Shared Services Accounting organization
- Part of Accounts Receivable team
- Customer Service
- Sales Team
- Various other departments as necessary to perform duties
- Third-party agencies
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from four-year college or university required
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Minimum of eight (8) years of related experience and/or training
- Leadership and management experience required