The Accounts Receivable Manager is responsible for monitoring, analyzing and collection of all receivables as it relates to the independent business and Military customer base. This includes posting transactions, payment processing, collections, and ensuring all payments are received within terms. The incumbent communicates all information to regions, and Home Office senior management with respect to any changes in the receivable environment in order to ensure that the appropriate action is taken to minimize credit risk. In addition, the Accounts Receivable Manager is responsible for internal and external reporting of all receivables including working with both internal and external auditors.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- · Review, analyze, and investigate changes in the daily accounts receivable aging, assessing the level of risk and taking necessary actions for collecting funds including coordination with the servicing region and Credit staff regarding altering or delaying shipments.
- · Manage the collection, deposit, reconciliation, and write-offs for all receivables, making sure all cash/credits are applied accurately according to customer terms.
- · Each period, review, analyze, report, and communicate on accounts receivable information in accordance with established A/R securitization policies and procedures.
- · Manages the review and preparation of internal and external reporting of all receivables. Assist in the administration of the credit policies and retailer financing activities.
- · Make recommendations for the quarterly forecasting of bad debt; customer accounts receivable and related accounts. Ensure that all information is accurately communicated to senior management, and the servicing region management.
- · Provide support of the internal control processes by meeting critical deadlines and assisting in the area of documentation revisions, compliance testing and further enhancements to strengthen areas of internal control. Manage the conversion to new Cash Application platform.
- · Oversee the Customer Maintenance setup process including set up’s, system issues and providing support to the Supply Chain regions.
- · In addition, the Account Receivable Manager helps administer existing policies, formulates credit recommendation, assists with training, resolving Military related issues, oversee the customer file set up process, assists with the establishment of the Allowance for Doubtful accounts and completes special projects.
- · Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- · Six to eight years relevant accounting and /or accounts receivable experience.
- · Two to three years in a direct or indirect management role.
- · Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and has the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel via email and telephone, and with the independent retailer.
- · Strong working knowledge of credit and collection procedures.
- · Sound PC skills that include and advanced level understanding of Excel and system related experience.