- Manage all A/R billing activities including: billing loaders or feeds from other systems (e.g., Bill Back Manager, Deal Management, Resets, Landlord Receivables),daily uploads and/or JEs into the Accounting System
- Manage vendor funds/rebate billing process in Bill Back Manager
- Manage Coupon reimbursement and accounting processes
- Facilitate period-end closings by ensuring the accurate and timely completion of the A/R Department’s close-related responsibilities while focusing on strategies to drive the reduction of the close timeline.
- Provide analytical support and reporting related to significant vendor contracts
- Prepare monthly Accounts Receivablereporting and analysis including the Monthly Accounts Receivable Summary and aging analytics; recommend reserve for bad debts
- Preparation and/or review of assigned balance sheet reconciliations
- Conduct Monthly Accounts Receivable meetings with Merchandisers/Management and analyze/recommend reserve for doubtful accounts
- Manage Accounting and billing for Reset Process with Merchandising Services team
- Manage detailed documentation of all Accounts Receivableprocesses for cross training/onboarding
- Evaluate, develop, implement, and monitor accounting and operational policies and procedures for owned areas, with an emphasis on improving accuracy and timeliness, reducing risk and strengthening compliance; especially the reduction of manual, Excel-based activities
- Act as a key member of cross-departmental teams to improve the flow of data and reporting. Ensure information flow between a/r, a/p, accounting teams and other internal and external partners.
- Continuously evaluate internal controls in response to changing systems/processes and work with department leadership and Controller to identify and implement necessary control changes.
- Provide internal and external auditors with requested documentation on a timely basis.
- Develop, review and maintain Accounts Receivable documentation to support external and internal audit requirements
- Subject Matter Expert and Access Approver for Workday A/R Module and Bill Back Manager module of Category Analyzer and other core systems as assigned
- Strengthen and maintain relationships with both internal and external parties.
- Build and develop a talented and highly motivated team, including creating establishing and managing goals that are aligned with overall departmental and company objectives.
- Other tasks as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or a closely related business field with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in Accounts Receivable, with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a leadership/supervisory/managerial role. CPA or MBA a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of the grocery/retail or similar industries including accounting for vendor funds, coupons and landlord Tenant Improvement arrangements, business metrics and reporting.
- Demonstrated success with complex process ownership, SOX compliance accountabilities including ownership of key controls, financial/process systems ownership, and successful interface and partnerships with operations, vendors, finance and IT.
- Wide-ranging business financial process knowledge and skills in overseeing processes with numerous stakeholder and linkages.
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of management and employees.
- Ability to work with considerable independence with heavy accountabilities.
- Demonstrated experience with Accounts Receivable process review, analysis and improvement