Rollins, Inc. is a premier global consumer and commercial services company. The Accounts Receivable Manager is responsible for the timely billing and collection of payment for services rendered. This includes ensuring the balance for all customers are accurate and the account status is current and up-to-date. They will ensure timely and accurate daily processing of receivables through effective organization, direction, and control of department activities. To accomplish this objective the individual will manage and develop the Accounts Receivable team and should be a positive role model to the analyst providing guidance as needed. The manager should ensure proven and effective A/R techniques are continuously used and implement new techniques and tactics to improve the department as changes are made. Develop and implement new processes to improve the efficiencies of the area and to achieve corporate objectives. Carry out responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures. The manager is expected to maintain a professional attitude and appearance. The manager should provide excellent customer service and billing expertise to Rollins internal and external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Insure customer accounts receivable balances are accurate by reviewing and understanding invoicing requirements as outlined in customer contract.
- Analyze analysts portfolios to ensure maximum cash realization, reduced delinquencies and minimize write offs.
- New accounts insure invoice format, price, and frequency accuracy comparative to customer contract. Document process and train analyst during transition period.
- Review contract for potential customer to evaluate billing requirements.
- Keep both the A/R staff and management informed of customer issues, upcoming changes, departmental concerns, improvements etc.
- Select, train coach, counsel and discipline employees; communicating job expectations, planning monitoring, merit review recommending compensation actions
- Provide guidance to reconcile balances, initiate adjustments to ensure proper A/R balances are maintained and G/L revenue recognized.
- Ensure payments are applied properly, ensuring proper documentation by providing instruction and periodic audits of cash batches.
- Review necessary adjustments in a timely manner.
- Assist with the development of revised/new department processes and assist with the preparation of instructions and procedures.
- Assists internal and external customers with questions concerning billing, revenue, G/L, services, contracts, additional services and cancellations when inquiries are escalated.
- Attend meetings with customers, at request, to resolve A/R issues.
- Ensure recurring training sessions for department and individuals are scheduled to reinforce set processes and procedures and implement cross-training where possible as well as train new hires.
- Meet AR operational standards by contributing information for strategic plan; implementing productivity, quality and customer –service standards measurements, identify system improvement opportunities.
- Set and maintain regularly scheduled meetings with direct reports to insure Analysts are achieving their job duty requirements.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational/development opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks.
- Participate in testing of revised and/or new system and department process.
- Coordinate with Division and Region Administrative personnel to review branch aging, raise awareness, and create consistent contest guidelines. Present at Field meeting to ensure the team is trained in best practices for A/R.
- Assist with special projects as assigned and regularly scheduled duties as assigned.
- Back up to Accounting Services Director.
- Organized and detail oriented
- Good communication, problem solving, follow-up & follow-through skills
- Proficiency with A/R processes and procedures on a national level
- Ability to effectively manage employees
- Ability to take charge and work independently on all A/R related functions
Education: College Degree or minimum 5 years related management experience
Experience: 5 years managing Accounts Receivable, collections and billing (Business to Business), 5-7 years of experience managing both clerical and professional employees, and 2 years accounting experience. Knowledge of AS400, and PC based computer systems. JDE knowledge preferred. Must be a strong leader, with experience in analysis, reporting, process improvement, and process documentation, and have excellent interpersonal and people management skills. This individual should be experienced and comfortable working and negotiating with large national customers, as well as Orkin administrative employees.