• Manage customer setup, billing, payment, deductions and other processes in the receivables systems. Optimize cash flow and DSO through effective A/Rprocesses.
• Understand vendor agreements with big box retail customers, their incentive programs (rebates, discounts, buybacks, etc.) and required service-levels. Oversee billing and processing of customer claims/credit memos to ensure compliance with customer agreements.
• Manage the tracking and reconciliation of customer allowance and rebate agreements. Communicate with customer contacts and internal partners to monitor status and resolve discrepancies.
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively understand ERP cross-functional processes of ordering, pricing, shipping and billing to big box customers, co-ops, and distribution companies.
• Oversee the credit and collections processes to establish credit limits on new accounts, verify co-op approvals and credit holds, resolve past due accounts, and minimize bad debt.
• Demonstrates the ability to provide effective project leadership by preparing clear and comprehensive proposals and demonstrate the support of the group problem solving process.
• Define productivity goals for staff; monitor and report results. Provide a climate of motivation, communication, support and trust within department and cross-functional team.
• Consistently meets measurable goals, objectives, and deadlines. Be self-motivated; proactive in thought and deed. Eagerly assumes responsibility for things that need to be done.
• Provide information on customer past-due balances, deduction activity and billing issues to senior management and cross-functional teams. Provide reporting for planned customer programs, explaining variances to Finance, Sales Planning, and CRM teams.
• Assist in the month-end financial close process, including reconciliations of A/R and related accruals.
• Support Accounting initiatives and perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business with emphasis on information technology, project management or related discipline.
• Three or more years of leadership experience in an A/R function.
• Experience with high volume of transactions for large number of customers. Experience with Big Box retailers a plus.
• Extensive experience with top tier ERP systems (eg: Oracle).
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are critical.
• Strong management and communication skills, professional bearing, ability to build teams and create buy-in cross-functionally.
• Candidate should enjoy working and thriving in an environment where change can be immediately impacted at a high level and results can be measured.